+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gabe's Post Big FA Moves Mock Draft

1st Round: Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia

It is fair to say that our LB position is where we need the most. I don't think that the addition of Dan Connor or the re-signing of Keith Rivers have any affect in this pick, because Connor will be playing Mac and Rivers should battle for Boley's old position. Ogletree would fit very well where Kiwi plays; he would allow Kiwi to go back to DE, and kill two birds with one stone. Ogletree is not only a need, but also the best player available I believe. Scouts like Daniel Jeremiah said that "Ogletree is one of the best cover linebackers I've ever graded."

2nd Round: Tank Carradine, DE Florida State

Even though people see a lot of mocks with him in the first, I doubt that a team will take a chance. I can see Carradine falling to us in the second and Reese wouldn't hesitate to pick him.

3rd Round: Dallas Thomas, OT/OG Tennessee

Thomas would be great because Snee is coming out of injury and Boothe's future is uncertain; therefore, he could start as a G and/or compete for the job at RT.

4th Round: Tharold Simon, CB LSU

This a very underrated Cb. He didn't get the chance to play, because he was behind two very productive CB in Mathieu and Claiborne. He is big and physical. Will very much compete for the starting job.

5ht Round: A.J Klein, ILB Iowa State

I don't believe that neither of our ILB can stay healthy. Klein played extremely well at the East West Shrine Game and could very well give good depth and even start at the position.

6th Round: Miguel Maysonet, RB Stony Brook

Here is a guy that can be sleeper. The Giants brought him in, and we need depth at RB.

7th Round: Cooper Taylor, S Richmond

This for me a a HUGE sleeper. He is a big S standing at 6-4, and he is not shy to lay down the wood on the ball carriers. Could very much contribute to the running game. Has history of injuries, but at the 7th the risk is worth.
    Post Week 1 FA

1st Round: Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
    2nd Round: Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
    3rd Round: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa
    4th Round: Jackson Jeffcoat DE, Texas
    5th Round: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma
    6th Round: Zack Kerr, DT Delaware

Take Connor Vernon in 7 th instead great

Would love to see Tank anywhere in the Gmens Draft. I dont think he will be available in the 2nd. He's prolly gone in the 1st and i have seen him mocked to the Giants at 19 on a few sites

I would dance for days with this draft... but I don't see Dallas being there in the 3rd or really Klein being there in the 5th.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

I would do Ansah or Okafor round 1 (or even Tank for that matter), and Minter or Brown round 2... other than that, great draft

Still don't want Ogletree on this team...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

I much rather Ogletree than Okafor, and it's not even close for me. Okafor got torched at the Senior Bowl.

Ansah yes, but he will not be there at 19. Ogletree might have his off-field issues, but he is a much bigger talent that Okafor is. Minter and Brown won't be there in the second, so Ogletree would be a very good fit.

I don't think Carradine gets picked in the first, I can see teams getting him early second, but thats is the guy that falls for me. He is talented if not for the injury he would go somewhere between 12-25 in the first. But with a late year injury I see him going in the second.
    Post Week 1 FA

A guy dumb enough to get tanked just before the combine is a guy who's dumb enough to get tanked just before a make-or-break game...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel_1 View Post
    1st Round: Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia

It is fair to say that our LB position is where we need the most. I don't think that the addition of Dan Connor or the re-signing of Keith Rivers have any affect in this pick, because Connor will be playing Mac and Rivers should battle for Boley's old position. Ogletree would fit very well where Kiwi plays; he would allow Kiwi to go back to DE, and kill two birds with one stone. Ogletree is not only a need, but also the best player available I believe. Scouts like Daniel Jeremiah said that "Ogletree is one of the best cover linebackers I've ever graded."

2nd Round: Tank Carradine, DE Florida State

Even though people see a lot of mocks with him in the first, I doubt that a team will take a chance. I can see Carradine falling to us in the second and Reese wouldn't hesitate to pick him.

3rd Round: Dallas Thomas, OT/OG Tennessee

Thomas would be great because Snee is coming out of injury and Boothe's future is uncertain; therefore, he could start as a G and/or compete for the job at RT.

4th Round: Tharold Simon, CB LSU

This a very underrated Cb. He didn't get the chance to play, because he was behind two very productive CB in Mathieu and Claiborne. He is big and physical. Will very much compete for the starting job.

5ht Round: A.J Klein, ILB Iowa State

I don't believe that neither of our ILB can stay healthy. Klein played extremely well at the East West Shrine Game and could very well give good depth and even start at the position.

6th Round: Miguel Maysonet, RB Stony Brook

Here is a guy that can be sleeper. The Giants brought him in, and we need depth at RB.

7th Round: Cooper Taylor, S Richmond

This for me a a HUGE sleeper. He is a big S standing at 6-4, and he is not shy to lay down the wood on the ball carriers. Could very much contribute to the running game. Has history of injuries, but at the 7th the risk is worth.
    This is one of the best mocks u can possibly have.. Getting a lb with athletic ability and cover skills and upside like Ogletree, and still adding a potential stud DE in Carradine, as well as inside blocking to help David Wilson with Thomas, who also could max out as a RT in the pros, and a solid sized, underrated CB in Simon, and a gritty, instinctive, hard nosed MLB in Klein, as well as 2 diamond in the rough types in Maysonet and Taylor is sensational..

I think Taylor could be used in many roles, as he has WLB size and alot of speed, to go with his safety expierence.. He could find a great role in the pros..

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    A guy dumb enough to get tanked just before the combine is a guy who's dumb enough to get tanked just before a make-or-break game...
    Yeah, I have to agree with you in that, but what if he doesn't he can possibly pay very much to us. This is the hard part of scouting you can never predict the future, and know when player will really change. We took a chance in some players before, and they did payout for us. I think that Coughlin can change Ogletree and get him to stay out of trouble.

But other than the off-field issues would you still rather Okafor?
    Post Week 1 FA

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    having a good time before getting drafting and having a little too much then driving is nowhere near the same relm of getting drunk before any game. any one of us who drinks has most likely driven he/she should not have. let's cut the young man some slack and see what his next move is. if the giants were to pick we have to take homage in the fact that FO did their due diligence and believes in him. their is no doubt in my mind that this kid would be an immediate upgrade ready to contribute sooner than later. besides Toad,,we have too many choir boys on this team, lol. like ricky vaugn in major league, it's time for this D to get nasty.
    Last edited by ELI_HOF_NYG; 03-26-2013 at 01:48 AM.