+ Reply to Thread

Thread: With the 19th pick in the 2013 Draft, the NY Giants select, OG Jonathan Cooper UNC

With the 19th pick in the 2013 Draft, the NY Giants select, OG Jonathan Cooper UNC

Jonathan Cooper, guard, North Carolina

We could be hearing this... "With the 19th pick in the 2013 Draft, the NY Giants select, OG Jonathan Cooper UNC"

The first time we won a Super Bowl with Eli, Our beloved team was led by a powerful offensive line. Since then, the mainstays along the offensive line have slowly started to move on. We could use an explosive blocker like North Carolina's Jonathan Cooper to regain the advantage up front. He's 6'3" 310 lbs. His 2nd position in center, so we ultimately 'could' use him there as well after Bass moves on. His 40 time is 5.02 and 5.17. Our Giants have survived with Kevin Boothe playing left guard, but he's better suited for a role as a swing backup. Cooper has the talent needed to immediately replace Boothe in the lineup. Adding Cooper would help running backs Ahmad Bradshaw and David Wilson increase their production. Having a capable running game is important to Manning's success, as he plays his best when he can use play action. his projection is late R1, so trading Down and gather an extra pick in a later round is an Option, although we all Know Reese and Co, Dont Play the Patriot Game

2012 COACHES ALL-ACC FOOTBALL FIRST TEAM: OG-Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina, 6-3, 295, Sr., Wilmington, N.Y. (21), has been selected First Team All-Atlantic Coast Conference (Coaches selection) for the 2012 college football season. This year, for the first time under the auspices of the ACC, the league's 12 head football coaches voted for an All-ACC football team. A native of Wilmington, N.C., Cooper is considered by many observers as the nation's top guard. He graded out at 90 percent for the season and had double digits in knockdown blocks in nine of the Tar Heels' 12 games. He was a key part of Carolina's offensive success. The Tar Heels set single-season records in scoring, total offense and passing yards. Running behind Cooper and left tackle James Hurst, UNC tailback Giovani Bernard ran for 1,228 yards.

What are some thoughts on this guy from your viewpoint? Is it possible JR and Co. trade down and grab him?

Probably won't happen. Supposedly the guy played last season at around 280, more of a zone scheme guy

Here's a qoute from an NFL scout:
    -"Great athlete," one scout said. "Can make all the blocks. You watch him move, especially for a zone team, he'll be right up their alley. Problem is the guy played at 280."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/an-ea...184579581.html

I hope not.. the only guard I want at #19 is Warmack..

BUMPING THIS PUPPY... 3 MO AGO EVERYONE CHIMED WHY IT WAS BAD OR WOULDN'T HAPPEN OR HOW IT WAS A BAD PICK....NOW A BUNCH WANT HIM AS BAD AS I DID WHEN I PRESENTED HIM 3 MONTHS AGO.

HANGING WITH MR COOPER.

yes.. I had changed my mind

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS-NYG-FAN View Post
    BUMPING THIS PUPPY... 3 MO AGO EVERYONE CHIMED WHY IT WAS BAD OR WOULDN'T HAPPEN OR HOW IT WAS A BAD PICK....NOW A BUNCH WANT HIM AS BAD AS I DID WHEN I PRESENTED HIM 3 MONTHS AGO.

HANGING WITH MR COOPER.
    I have had him #1 in all my "mocks" for a while. Still would love to get him at 19, but I'm having doubts he will be there.

+ Reply to Thread