+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who Will Stay... Who Will Be Cut... Who Will Come...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Reese already said Tuck and Webster are playing for us next year
    So our Defense will have no fire in it with lifeless leadership for one more year...Great!

Veteran
    The poor fa's who helped us win superbowl 2011 - amazing.

You have to overpay if you want the top guys on the market and rolle was that - and canty not far behind. Remember cc brown was there the year before. Are they overpaid - yes - were theyt poor signings not really.

The giants need to bring in some hungry guys. Id sign a bunch of low cost players to compeat for jobs

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    The poor fa's who helped us win superbowl 2011 - amazing.

You have to overpay if you want the top guys on the market and rolle was that - and canty not far behind. Remember cc brown was there the year before. Are they overpaid - yes - were theyt poor signings not really.
    Canty has been hurt as much as he's been healthy and our play vs. the run has been pretty sorry. Please don't torture me with thoughts of CC BRown lol. Still, we can do better than CC with much less money. Look at Stevie Brown. There is no doubt you over pay in free agency for a quality guy. The question is does that limit your ability to field a complete team with what's left under the cap? We are much better off with RB's like Brown and safeties like Stevie Brown than overpaying in free agency.

How did Asanwhaaaah and Rogers Cromartie work out for Philly?
    Lotta money for little return on the field.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    look jomo i am not advocating big time spending like amsmoughah and heynsworth - i am saying those were huge needs and reese filled them and they worked very well for 11.

Now you really cant point out stevie brown - he is an exception not a rule. Those guys dont just turn up year to year although reese has an amazing knack for finding them.

All-Pro
    I remember thinking Stevie may not survive the final cut. Some people left him off their final 53
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    look jomo i am not advocating big time spending like amsmoughah and heynsworth - i am saying those were huge needs and reese filled them and they worked very well for 11.

Now you really cant point out stevie brown - he is an exception not a rule. Those guys dont just turn up year to year although reese has an amazing knack for finding them.
    What I am saying is that value shopping is the way to win. I don't knock the occasionaly splurge like Rolle but at the end of the day, if that is the primary route we choose, we will come up short on money to build a Championship franchise.

We win with cheap players found deep in the draft (Bradshaw) or undrafted free agents (Cruz, Hixon etc). No one wins with a primary strategy to sign high priced elite free agents.

PS I don't think Stevie Brown is an exception. How about our LT Sean Locklear? We got him for a song. We might have paid $5M for a LT of comparable talent in free agency. We got him on the cheap.

I just think that you win championships by playing the value game and wrap that around a few key players; QB, pass rushers, LT, WR
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    In my ideal world, the following would be gone:
    Tuck
    Osi
    Diehl
    Webster
    Baas
    Boothe

Only guy I'd think about signing through FA would be Michael Bennett if we can get him. Marty has already said he'd like to try and convince him to come to our team.

Spend significant amount of the draft on the O-line.
    Why do you want Boothe gone? His versatility is very valuable.

+ Reply to Thread