+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tyler Eifert

Tyler Eifert

im not a big draft guy when it comes to the combine and all the measures, but can anyone fill me in on his current draft status/ranking? im a ND fan and he's one of my favorite guys on the team so im hoping that if bennett does not get re-signed and we draft a TE it is him. i think his stock is too high for us, but im not sure. all i know is he has come along as an all-around TE at notre dame and he has ideal size at 6'6 250lbs.

He's ranked number 1 by most draft analysts with Stanford's Zach Ertz not far behind. He'll be available at 19, though I think we'll pass on him...good, not great prospect imo

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    He's ranked number 1 by most draft analysts with Stanford's Zach Ertz not far behind. He'll be available at 19, though I think we'll pass on him...good, not great prospect imo
    thanks.

what takes away from his stock, his blocking i assume?

Late 1st to mid 2nd imo. Though if he has a huge performance in the BCS game, his stock could rise. Think he is a future Packer or Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    thanks.

what takes away from his stock, his blocking i assume?
    I wouldn't say anything really takes away from his stock, just nothing really raises it to be a top 20 pick at TE. Also he doesn't have alot of experience as an inline TE b/c Notre Dame plays him more like a WR, Hback type.

There was also this qoute from and NFL scout that caught my attention:
    -"Eifert is probably the top kid but he's not an all-around guy," one scout said. "I don't know how much he really likes football. I think he does it because it's something he's good at. He'd be more happy being a wide receiver."
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/an-ea...184579581.html

Eifert high points the ball better than any TE in College Football. He has fantastic body control

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Eifert high points the ball better than any TE in College Football. He has fantastic body control
    Redeye, any chance we could get some Travis Kelce. Very intriguing height, weight, speed prospect who looks to be an old school all around TE. He split time as a wildcat QB his freshmen season, so you know the athletiscm is there. Also outproduced Eifert on the field this season

Plus he had this awesome soundbite from i think his freshman year
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVhhxsdXWzY lol
    Last edited by juice33s; 01-05-2013 at 11:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread