+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I don't think he justifies a large contract. Not to mention those with/without stats are very misleading. If he goes somewhere else, we're not replacing him with CC Brown or James Butler or Micheal Johnson. Obviously when you lose a starter, you're handicapping yourself. (usually anyways)

I'm not suggesting I want him to go or that he's a bad player...Just the durability...You can't shell out a ton of cash on a guy who has been injured that much(especially knee injuries).
    Last edited by M00KIE; 01-06-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    I don't think he justifies a large contract. Not to mention those with/without stats are very misleading. If he goes somewhere else, we're not replacing him with CC Brown or James Butler or Micheal Johnson. Obviously when you lose a starter, you're handicapping yourself. (usually anyways)

I'm not suggesting I want him to go or that he's a bad player...Just the durability...You can't shell out a ton of cash on a guy who has been injured that much(especially knee injuries).
    Plus were looking at moving TT back there anyways

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    And yet some people on here think he's overrated and we should let him go. Does he come up with a lot of picks like Brown did this year? Nope. But he doesn't allow big plays like Brown and the rest of the secondary.
    seriously the 3 safety look with him Brown and Rolle really worked. I have always like Kenny and of course his susceptibility injury has been his only major knock IMO.

love the guy when he suits up though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Been saying this for weeks. Everyone thinks because Brown causes turnovers he is automatically a better player Giants defense also gave up a TD less this season when he played. The best move for the giants is to cut rolle and resign both Brown and Phillips with that money. Phillips,Brown and Hill should be the Giants top 3 guys

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    He is a great player but how can you pay a man that has missed 27 games in 5 years?
    Pretty easily it depends on money. If he will take a deal with activators were if he plays in 14 games, the next year gets guaranteed stuff like that. Im not sure how many teams will give out huge guaranteed dollars to him

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Been saying this for weeks. Everyone thinks because Brown causes turnovers he is automatically a better player Giants defense also gave up a TD less this season when he played. The best move for the giants is to cut rolle and resign both Brown and Phillips with that money. Phillips,Brown and Hill should be the Giants top 3 guys
    You're really not a fan of Rolle? I can't figure out why no one else likes this guy. Care to shed a little light on that situation?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    The only problem is how much do you give a guy that's missed that much time?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    You're really not a fan of Rolle? I can't figure out why no one else likes this guy. Care to shed a little light on that situation?
    Think he did rank as one of the worse Safeties in the league. Maybe misread it but maybe someone can post it.

KP missed nearly 50% of the games in the last four years, that's really going to hurt his value. If the Giants get lucky, they can keep him and Brown; but I don't see that happening. I think Will Hill is going to be a big deciding factor in this. The coaches have had a year to see him play, and to judge if he really is over his "character issues." If they're sold on Hill, then I think KP's value to the Giants drops dramatically, only because of the injury issues. Personally, I don't think you can have Hill sitting on the bench much longer, he's just got too much talent for that. My gut feeling is that the injuries have doomed KP, and he's not going to be offered the money he wants to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    The 2012 PFF pass coverage grade for Rolle was -5.8, ranked 81 out of 88 safeties who played enough snaps to qualify. Add in his salary cap killing huge salary and you have the reason why.