+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Rolle is a ball hawk as well.
    Rolle only has 17 INT's in 8 years. That is not a ball hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Fair. I believe he freelances so much due to the poor coverage of the safety next to him (Stevie).
    What? lol. Rolle is always out of position, has been for years. Its not a new thing.

Why do you think the coaches always play him up in the box and stop letting him play deep?

No question we are much better with KP on the field, the eyes don't lie. The question is, is he healthy enought to give a big contract?
    Thankfully, the Giants have better insight on that point than their competitors.
    No one remembers who came in second.

The problem is he has missed 27 games the past four years.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What? lol. Rolle is always out of position, has been for years. Its not a new thing.

Why do you think the coaches always play him up in the box and stop letting him play deep?
    Because he's not afraid to stick his nose in and make a tackle. Not to say you're wrong about him not playing well deep, I agree..But he does have value the way he's being used.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    The 2012 PFF pass coverage grade for Rolle was -5.8, ranked 81 out of 88 safeties who played enough snaps to qualify. Add in his salary cap killing huge salary and you have the reason why.
    ...Obvously, he didn't play a traditional safety role. You'd be better off comparing his stats to LBers.

MICROFRACTURE KNEE SURGERY. That is no small thing. He's been okay on that knee for the most part of 2 years. He is getting older and is a free agent. He is looking for a pay day. Let some other team pay him and take that chance on the knee.

While I like KP and was hoping he'd become our poor man's Ed Reed, that never came to fruition even though he's been a solid Giant, it's time to move on. I fully expect Stevie Brown to be resigned and JR drafting a safety in the middle rounds-there are some intriguing safety prospects in this year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    MICROFRACTURE KNEE SURGERY. That is no small thing. He's been okay on that knee for the most part of 2 years. He is getting older and is a free agent. He is looking for a pay day. Let some other team pay him and take that chance on the knee.

While I like KP and was hoping he'd become our poor man's Ed Reed, that never came to fruition even though he's been a solid Giant, it's time to move on. I fully expect Stevie Brown to be resigned and JR drafting a safety in the middle rounds-there are some intriguing safety prospects in this year's draft.
    How many teams are going to shell out big bucks on a player that missed 27 games or so in the last few years? I don't think he will be expensive to resign. You wouldn't even want him back if the Giants could get a team friendly contract?