+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Redskins are gonna run RG3 into the Ground

His knee buckling the way it did looks very serious he had a brace on to prevent just that. I sincerely hope this kid is ok but I wouldn't be surprised if he has a significant injury. Hopefully he will be back soon Id hate to see a player with so much potential go down like this.

Just saw this. That looks ugly... His knee just buckled even witht he brace.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    Redskins deserve what they got...RG3 doesn't.
    That kid should not have been playing for the past month at all, and yesterday was a prime example of someone playing through an injury when they absolutely should not be.

Hope there's no permanent damage.

Yes. I have to say if I were RG3 I would NEVER put on a redskins jersey again. Cousins was a very capable backup. It was not just that play. Did you see him on the "scramble" for 9 yards, he was hobbling. The redskins put him out there in a position where he could not even defend himself. It was shameful. That is the difference between playing for an organization with class like the giants and one like the redskins. they are so hungry for a win all the time, they will willing to one and done their future for a 1st round playoff loss.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Yes. I have to say if I were RG3 I would NEVER put on a redskins jersey again. Cousins was a very capable backup. It was not just that play. Did you see him on the "scramble" for 9 yards, he was hobbling. The redskins put him out there in a position where he could not even defend himself. It was shameful. That is the difference between playing for an organization with class like the giants and one like the redskins. they are so hungry for a win all the time, they will willing to one and done their future for a 1st round playoff loss.
    Exactly! as much as I hate playing against the guy he doesn't deserve to have his career so carelessly played with. as a coach you gotta know what's more important and you have to put your foot down and say "listen kid I'm gonna need you to sit this one out" No NFL player is gonna look at their head coach and say "No coach I don't want to go back in." Cutler did that and he was ridiculed for it.

I used to at least have a grudging respect for what Shanahan did to turn the team's fortunes around (from basement dweller to division champion in one season), but this just made me lose any respect I had for the man.

Hope RG3 is okay. I may hate playing against him but nobody deserves that fate...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    I'd be with ya if he giants hadn't left Nicks in all year...............

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    I'd be with ya if he giants handn't left Nicks in all year...............
    It's true, we were all upset about it during and after the season. But the difference is we didn't give up 3 1st and a 2nd for Nicks to treat him that way. Now it isn't right to treat any player that way but you certainly can't do it to a player that you've effectively sold the farm for.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    I'd be with ya if he giants hadn't left Nicks in all year...............
    That's not even remotely comparable and you know it.

I've said it in other threads on this board, but there is a big difference between playing through pain / playing through certain injuries like every athlete does at some time in their career than there is playing when it is blatantly obvious that a body part is just waiting to completely 'go'. He couldn't even walk at one point. It was so clear that his knee was going to collapse at any moment that it was beyond shameful what they did. He very likely has permanent damage in one way or another. Not comparable to Nicks situation this year at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NYfanatic View Post
    How smart do the Skins look for taking Cousins now.
    Almost as dumb as they look for running RG3 like he is a 230 lbs Rb in an option offense.

+ Reply to Thread