+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Redskins are gonna run RG3 into the Ground

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    It's true, we were all upset about it during and after the season. But the difference is we didn't give up 3 1st and a 2nd for Nicks to treat him that way. Now it isn't right to treat any player that way but you certainly can't do it to a player that you've effectively sold the farm for.
    Does seem odd that the giants are usually over protective, if anything and then pull that crap with Nicks.

As for RGIII, he better get used to being hurt, or be less effective (pertaining to his
    current game). He can't have it both ways.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    That's not even remotely comparable and you know it.

I've said it in other threads on this board, but there is a big difference between playing through pain / playing through certain injuries like every athlete does at some time in their career than there is playing when it is blatantly obvious that a body part is just waiting to completely 'go'. He couldn't even walk at one point. It was so clear that his knee was going to collapse at any moment that it was beyond shameful what they did. He very likely has permanent damage in one way or another. Not comparable to Nicks situation this year at all.
    I never said it was exactly the same. But the angelic rep of the giants with respect to injuries has to take a bit of
    a hit for this one. I mean we are talking playing the guy hurt almost an entire season, let alone playing him hurt
    to begin the season.

"Then he had an MRI that showed “something” was torn. And the doctors told him he really needed 6-8 weeks of rest.
    Two weeks later, though, the Giants’ top receiver was back on the field after missing only three games, and dealing with an injury that never really went away."

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._rest/12549283

he ran himself into the ground

It's only a partial tear on the MCL he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    It's only a partial tear on the MCL he'll be fine.
    Where did you hear that? Multiple reports are saying its partial lcl being repaired this week and only when theyre inside they'll know the extent of the acl. No mention of mcl. NFL network is the major reporting network

The initial injury looked like a severe hyper-extension, at best . Myabe no damage but I can't believe his knee didn't swell like a balloon and hurt like hell. Even if there's no damage to the PCL, it can take weeks for the inflammation to go down. It looked to me like he should NOT have been playing the past two weeks.

When he went down in the Seahawks game, that looked like his MCL completely gave way. I think he's got multiple injuries to the knee, and if that's the case, there was almost certainly additional injury incurred after the initial injury in the Ravens game.

I did hear a report that "if he has surgery, he could miss some or all of the 2013 season". Of course, I really don't know and I'm sure not broke up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by krygny View Post
    The initial injury looked like a severe hyper-extension, at best . Myabe no damage but I can't believe his knee didn't swell like a balloon and hurt like hell. Even if there's no damage to the PCL, it can take weeks for the inflammation to go down. It looked to me like he should NOT have been playing the past two weeks.

When he went down in the Seahawks game, that looked like his MCL completely gave way. I think he's got multiple injuries to the knee, and if that's the case, there was almost certainly additional injury incurred after the initial injury in the Ravens game.

I did hear a report that "if he has surgery, he could miss some or all of the 2013 season". Of course, I really don't know and I'm sure not broke up about it.
    To me it seems like his acl gave out, seen by his knee initially moving forward as he stumbled. Then, when his knee awkwardly bent in which everyone highlighted as the most gruesome part, I can't imagine this did not affect the mcl in even a small capacity. Regardless, if there is acl damage at all, even at a small tear, will need reconstructive surgery. That'll leave him out for most of camp, minimum. Not good. We will know what his acl looks like tomorrow, but the way his lower leg gave out in relation to his upper leg sure looks like a textbook acl tear

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    To me it seems like his acl gave out, seen by his knee initially moving forward as he stumbled. Then, when his knee awkwardly bent in which everyone highlighted as the most gruesome part, I can't imagine this did not affect the mcl in even a small capacity. Regardless, if there is acl damage at all, even at a small tear, will need reconstructive surgery. That'll leave him out for most of camp, minimum. Not good. We will know what his acl looks like tomorrow, but the way his lower leg gave out in relation to his upper leg sure looks like a textbook acl tear
    To me, it looked like everything in that knee got shredded into to pieces on two different plays against the Seahawks... I'm not a doctor though. No way in hell that it was just a sprain against Baltimore either. I just don't understand how Shanahan is that stupid. There was no way the Redskins were going all the way this year... they should have shut RG3 down after Baltimore.
    Last edited by Giants5699; 01-08-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    To me, it looked like everything in that knee got shredded into to pieces on two different plays against the Seahawks... I'm not a doctor though. No way in hell that it was just a sprain against Baltimore either. I just don't understand how Shanahan is that stupid. There was no way the Redskins were going all the way this year... they should have shut RG3 down after Baltimore.
    As an athlete , I can understand the blind competitive nature to want to play through anything. That's when a coach needs to step in. I agree it was disgusting that he was not taken out

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    As an athlete , I can understand the blind competitive nature to want to play through anything. That's when a coach needs to step in. I agree it was disgusting that he was not taken out
    I understand RG3 wanting to get back out there too, but since when does a player call the shots and not the coach and doctors? Shanahan is a fool.

+ Reply to Thread