+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Terrell Thomas Returning?

Anyone think Thomas can return and be effective? I know Jerry Reese said he'd return possiblely as a safety. Is that a sign that KP won't be back? Thoughts?

Veteran
    Can he be effective? no, get rid of him asap.

I'm sure they'll invite him back, but I'd be shocked if he made any significant contribution.

I hope Im wrong, but I dont see it happening..

I would have to say No. It's harder to give playing time to the younger and new players and to move on if you keep injury-prone vets. The more important reason is that he is the full fledged example of the term "injury-prone". He hasn't played a regular season game since 2010 due to re-occuring knee ligament injuries and he demanded Reese to pay him like a good CB. Reese did a good job in structuring his contract to account for him blew out his knee again, which he did. T2 earned a cool $1 million signing bonus this season, having done nothing for the second year in a row, while poor Victor Cruz is playing for less than that. T2's cap hit is going to be in the several $millions for the coming years. There's just no way the Giants can continue to carry his contract with 0 productivity. Good-bye T2 and thanks!
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-06-2013 at 09:21 PM.

I say he returns and gets hurt very quickly. That knee is shot.......just my 2cents
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The reason for training camp! I would welcome him back.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanNC View Post
    Anyone think Thomas can return and be effective? I know Jerry Reese said he'd return possiblely as a safety. Is that a sign that KP won't be back? Thoughts?
    If they do invite him back..I'll be amazed if he makes it past training camp...even more so if he lives through preseason

What is his contract status? I know the Giants took this into consideration in his last contract...
    Think he'd sign back with the Giants if they cut him? Is he looking at playing for the Vet min?
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

. I did hear JR said they might look at him as a safety though. Two knee injuries? Time to "cut bait."