+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone ever read "A Clockwork Orange"

Anyone ever read "A Clockwork Orange"

Just wondering.

Yes. But it was a bloody long time ago....easily 25 years ago.

It depresses me just to say that..

Veteran
    no just saw the movie. apparently it follows pretty closely to the book until the ending where alex in the film shows he is still a sociopath at heart but in the book he matures and outgrows his sociopathy.

Just wrote a paper on it...was a pretty dark book, not too bad though. The "Nadsat" language was a pain in the ***.

Never seen the movie, but even though I've heard it does follow the events of the book very closely, the lack of Nadsat probably makes it very difficult to look past the violence and makes it harder to sympathize with Alex until the end, which IMO is a really important aspect of the book.

Yep, I own the paperback. I actually saw the movie first about ten years ago, liked it and decided I should buy and read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Just wrote a paper on it...was a pretty dark book, not too bad though. The "Nadsat" language was a pain in the ***.

Never seen the movie, but even though I've heard it does follow the events of the book very closely, the lack of Nadsat probably makes it very difficult to look past the violence and makes it harder to sympathize with Alex until the end, which IMO is a really important aspect of the book.

Yeah, my father had the paperback and I got interested probably around the time that the movie had attained a kind of cult status. I never saw the flick either. And yeah, the language was a royal pain in the ***

+ Reply to Thread