+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Without a doubt. Best G prospect in a while.
    I like Warmack more.. but DeCastro was no slouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'd go with Ansah. Need a DE.
    need an OL more, especially if a good one drops. and come on,,we could call the dude war machine

I will never understand the fascination this board has with offensive guards. Every year that's what everyone wants. It's bizarre. No other teams roots for guards. They all want play makers.

And I don't see how the giants need a guard more than a DE.

I like Barrat Jones due to his versatility.

A Guard at #19 ? That would be like taking a gadget 2 down RB in the first round....oh wait.

Take the DE, how often do you find good pass rushers outside the top 35 picks ?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I will never understand the fascination this board has with offensive guards. Every year that's what everyone wants. It's bizarre. No other teams roots for guards. They all want play makers.

Its not a thread about which position you want more, its about which player you want more.

DE is a bigger impact position than guard, no doubt. But there is also logic in thinking that Warmack is a pretty sure fire stud guard whereas Ansah, for all his physcal freakishness, still has a long way to go in his development and technique. There are a lot of scouts who still have Ansah as a possible early 2nd round prospect(which I doubt) and I havent seen anyone who think Warmack will make it out of the 1st. So, I can at least understand why some may have him higher.

+1000.......IMO DE,DT,CB,LB much bigger needs....10x easier to find Interior Olineman in the middle/late rounds than it is to find a pAssrusher or a Cb worthy of being in the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Its not a thread about which position you want more, its about which player you want more.

DE is a bigger impact position than guard, no doubt. But there is also logic in thinking that Warmack is a pretty sure fire stud guard whereas Ansah, for all his physcal freakishness, still has a long way to go in his development and technique. There are a lot of scouts who still have Ansah as a possible early 2nd round prospect(which I doubt) and I havent seen anyone who think Warmack will make it out of the 1st. So, I can at least understand why some may have him higher.
    Well said! Not to mention, we have to take into account who last yrs 1st rder was, and Warmack in essence, helps us with 2major parts of our team, keeping our QB upright, and helping get David WIlson a up the middle game...

Not to mention we have Boothe as a FA, and Snee is stinking, and Snee went fairly early in RD 2, adn was the best lineman we had for yrs, and thats saying something, when people like to say "we find G's everywhere, why draft one early?"..

Mike Iupati is sensational, and we've seen Guards and Centers every yr lately who are above and beyond and worthy of a mid to late 1st rder, and warmack may be the best yet.. Talking about the POuncey bro's, Decastro, Iupati, the guy the eagles drafted..etc

Some of us just want good players and a all around good team, and when u can have the best player at a positon, and its a positon that needs youth, and skill, then we root for it.. Not to mention, most of us aren't rooting for warmack, hes just one guy we would certainly not have a issue if we drafted...

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    +1000.......IMO DE,DT,CB,LB much bigger needs....10x easier to find Interior Olineman in the middle/late rounds than it is to find a pAssrusher or a Cb worthy of being in the NFL...
    Heres a look at Interior Lineman in the Probowl and wehre they were drafted..

Logan Mankins- 1st rder
    Mike Iupati- 1st rder
    Maurkice Pouncey- 1st rder
    Marshall Yanda- 3rd rder
    Chris Snee- early 2nd rder
    Max Unger- 2nd rder
    Wade Smith- 3rd rder
    Jahri Evans- 4th rd
    Chris Myers- 6th rd
    Jeff Saturday- undrafted.

As u can see, most of the time, guys are drafted in the early rds that make it to the probowl level.. Its more rare u find those guys in the undrafted or later rd ranks.. I'll bet David Decastro eventually will be in the probowl as well, and he was a 1st rder as well... Chance Warmack might be the best interior line prospect outta all these guys outside of maybe Mike Iupati...

Lets remember that Warmack has all sorts of problems pass blocking. Going forward he's a good player. But do I want him protecting Eli? Probably not
    Nah, he pass blocks just fine... Hes a incredible all around player, and very few are gonna get the better of him.. Hes way to strong and mobile.. The guy moves extrmely well for a man his size.. I don't know where u get he has a issue pass blocking? I've not only rarley seen Bama give up pressure at all, let alone coming from Warmacks positon...

Chance Warmack, Manti Te'o head top players in BCS title game
    NFL News - 3 days ago - 7 related articles
    The BCS title game is a must-see event for NFL scouts. ... 1) Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama: It is uncommon for an interior blocker to sit ... senior season that showcased his capacity to dominate the game from the middle.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-08-2013 at 08:22 AM.