+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Ansah may indeed turn out to be a great player. I just dont see much past the physical. I think Okafor is better imo. Warmack is just such a beast. I see a Steve Hutchinson level guard with him. At #19, that is fine with me.

s
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    JPP was a better prospect? Many doubted he would even go in the first round.

My point is every year this place goes crazy head over heels for a guard they want in the first round. It's completely bizarre
    JPP was a better prospect yes. Ansah might be a better athlete, but JPP was a better prospect. He had better tape vs better competition.

And I do not recall people saying he was a 2nd rounder, at least not anyone reputable.

There are a few people who consider Ansah to be a late 1st round to early 2nd round prospect. I think JPPs success has helped improve Ansah's stock to be honest. He is a sick athlete and I would certainly love the pick, but I also understand why Warmack would be preffered by some people.

Either way, my reponse was to your general statement that DE> Guard. The merits of the 2 players are there for all to see so lets talk about them.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    s

JPP was a better prospect yes. Ansah might be a better athlete, but JPP was a better prospect. He had better tape vs better competition.

And I do not recall people saying he was a 2nd rounder, at least not anyone reputable.

There are a few people who consider Ansah to be a late 1st round to early 2nd round prospect. I think JPPs success has helped improve Ansah's stock to be honest. He is a sick athlete and I would certainly love the pick, but I also understand why Warmack would be preffered by some people.

Either way, my reponse was to your general statement that DE> Guard. The merits of the 2 players are there for all to see so lets talk about them.
    JPP did not have great tape. He made special plays on occasion, and he had a great motor. But his tape was similar to Ansahs. And most thought he was a mid to late first. With a possibility of going in the early second. Similar to ansah now. Though we are still months away.

I don't see how JPP raises Ansahs stock at all. Because of Jpp teams became interested in 6'5 DEs who can run and have power? Pretty sure it's always been like that.

And I understand that Warmack is a good player. But guards get such massive hype on this board. Like if the giants replaced boothe with Warmack their offense would be unstoppable. Never mind that teams running games almost always suffer when a new guard is drafted. Takes a couple years for them to get going.

JPP did not have great tape. He made special plays on occasion, and he had a great motor. But his tape was similar to Ansahs. And most thought he was a mid to late first. With a possibility of going in the early second. Similar to ansah now. Though we are still months away.

I don't see how JPP raises Ansahs stock at all. Because of Jpp teams became interested in 6'5 DEs who can run and have power? Pretty sure it's always been like that.

And I understand that Warmack is a good player. But guards get such massive hype on this board. Like if the giants replaced boothe with Warmack their offense would be unstoppable. Never mind that teams running games almost always suffer when a new guard is drafted. Takes a couple years for them to get going.
    JPP had dominant games vs very good competition. He dominated the entire FSU offensive line that has 3 guys in the NFl right now. He basically won that game for USF. The tackle he accrued 3 sacks against was all conference ACC. JPP was a better prospect. Ansah is an incredible athlete to watch but he doesnt have the comparable tape to what JPP had. Sorry, not gonna let you rewrite that history.

JPP had dominant games vs very good competition. He dominated the entire FSU offensive line that has 3 guys in the NFl right now. He basically won that game for USF. The tackle he accrued 3 sacks against was all conference ACC. JPP was a better prospect. Ansah is an incredible athlete to watch but he doesnt have the comparable tape to what JPP had. Sorry, not gonna let you rewrite that history.
    He had 1 sack that game. Talk about rewriting history.

And if we want to really debate performances against good opponents. Lets see.

Boise state ranked 18, ansah had 2.5 tackles for a loss and a sack.
    Utah state ranked 16, ansah had 3 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks.

I believe ansah had a much more difficult schedule/higher quality of competition this season than JPp did in his breakout year

He had 1 sack that game. Talk about rewriting history.
    Sorry They were 3 TFL, 1 sack , 1 ff and 2 QB hurries. Either way feel free to review the game, I dont have to cause I was there He was everywhere and He DOMINATED a highly touted FSU offensive line that has 3 guys in the NFL(4 if you count ps players)

That was the game that oppened people's eyes.

While Ansah has been very good, he hasnt faced or dominated anyone of that caliber. JPP had better tape. Move on.

Veteran
    There was talk of jpp going third overall.....

Sorry They were 3 TFL, 1 sack , 1 ff and 2 QB hurries. Either way feel free to review the game, I dont have to cause I was there He was everywhere and He DOMINATED a highly touted FSU offensive line that has 3 guys in the NFL(4 if you count ps players)

That was the game that oppened people's eyes.

While Ansah has been very good, he hasnt faced or dominated anyone of that caliber. JPP had better tape. Move on.
    Ansah has played better opponents. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    There was talk of jpp going third overall.....
    There's going to be talk of Ansah going top 5 too.