+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: If Ansah, Warmack and Ogletree is available at pick 19 who do we pick?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Ansah has played better opponents. Sorry.
    Change the topic much? He played good opponents, which ones did he play that he dominated and which of those are NFL talents?

JPP had that on his resume.

And if we want to really debate performances against good opponents. Lets see.

Boise state ranked 18, ansah had 2.5 tackles for a loss and a sack.
    Utah state ranked 16, ansah had 3 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks.

I believe ansah had a much more difficult schedule/higher quality of competition this season than JPp did in his breakout year
    Ansah plays a different role also. BYU plays some 3 man fronts, He plays some 0 tech ,3 tech 5 tech

There's going to be talk of Ansah going top 5 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Change the topic much? He played good opponents, which ones did he play that he dominated and which of those are NFL talents?

JPP had that on his resume.
    He beat up datko at fsu. Datko was like the last pick in the draft. Not exactly a top quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by carter.525 View Post
    1A - Ansah
    1B - Warmack
    5 - Ogletree
    This sums it up to me impact wise.

Although I'd never use a #1 pick on an OG-only prospect (Warmack could never play Tackle imo).

Ogletree is a borderline 3rd rounder. Good player, but not worth a first round flyer.

Of the three, Ansah has the most chance to be an impact player imo.

He beat up datko at fsu. Datko was like the last pick in the draft. Not exactly a top quality player.
    That was after he destroyed BOTH shoulders. At the time of that game, Datko was among the best young tackles in college football. Datko completely dominated several other very good NFL caliber players that same year, including Derrick Morgan(pick just after jpp) who Datko owned.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Because u can't think like that.. If there is a player on the board that fits a need and is worthy of the pick, then why not? If theres players at other positons who fit the spot ur picking value wise, and the positon u need , there is not a player , then don't reach.. Ansah fits value and need, which is best of both worlds, and he has enormous potential...
    But does he fit a need? I'm not saying Tuck is what he was and clearly we don't know what ojomo and Tracy can really do, but we also have kiwi. You know what that's called? Depth. Now answer me how man teams have 2 elite bookends on their dline. Even when Strahan was here we went through a variety of guys opposite him that were clearly not the same level. When we won in 2007 we had Osi and Tuck coming into their own...both as second round picks mind you. Who has peppers had opposite him in his career? How about Jared Allen? Now, that's not to say getting someone opposite is a poor decision or a bad move by any means, but with such glaring holes at other positions of need (and severely less depth at said positions) coupled with the ability to find great pass rushers after the first round I again ask, why a first round pass rusher in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    But does he fit a need? I'm not saying Tuck is what he was and clearly we don't know what ojomo and Tracy can really do, but we also have kiwi. You know what that's called? Depth. Now answer me how man teams have 2 elite bookends on their dline. Even when Strahan was here we went through a variety of guys opposite him that were clearly not the same level. When we won in 2007 we had Osi and Tuck coming into their own...both as second round picks mind you. Who has peppers had opposite him in his career? How about Jared Allen? Now, that's not to say getting someone opposite is a poor decision or a bad move by any means, but with such glaring holes at other positions of need (and severely less depth at said positions) coupled with the ability to find great pass rushers after the first round I again ask, why a first round pass rusher in this draft?
    We have no depth at all at DE. We have JPP and a now ineffective Tuck. Osi is gone. Ojomo is an undrafted FA who wasn't even able to get on the field this year and Tracey showed very little when he got on the field.

Considering that our whole defensive philosophy is based upon pressuring the passer, DE is a HUGE need.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013BigBlue View Post
    None...I would draft the best RB in the draft and get a value pick as a pass rusher to replace Osi
    No way that JR would draft RB's in the first round two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    We have no depth at all at DE. We have JPP and a now ineffective Tuck. Osi is gone. Ojomo is an undrafted FA who wasn't even able to get on the field this year and Tracey showed very little when he got on the field.Considering that our whole defensive philosophy is based upon pressuring the passer, DE is a HUGE need.
    When did I say it wasn't a need? We have depth and if Tuck is here and you think Coughlin isn't going to start him or have him heavily used in a rotation that may or may not include a rookie but definitely will include Kiwi then you haven't been paying attention. My question is why take a pass rusher in the first this year? And because it seems my points are being forgotten or ignored ill again remind that Strahan, our beloved hall of fame de, was not a first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    When did I say it wasn't a need? We have depth and if Tuck is here and you think Coughlin isn't going to start him or have him heavily used in a rotation that may or may not include a rookie but definitely will include Kiwi then you haven't been paying attention. My question is why take a pass rusher in the first this year? And because it seems my points are being forgotten or ignored ill again remind that Strahan, our beloved hall of fame de, was not a first rounder.
    You questioned whether drafting a DE fills a need, and then said that we have depth at DE.

I believe that we do not have adequate depth at DE to carry out our defensive philosophy (as evidenced by our putrid pass rush this year) and that DE is therefore a huge need.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 01-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread