+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My Wishlist of Cuts:

Marvin Austin - wasted pick....sad
    David Bass - overpayed and does just ok
    Ramses Barden - flashed one game........invisible for the rest
    Rocky Bernard - old and time for him to move on
    Ahmad Bradshaw - watching him play is painful, and probably painful for him with those bad feet/ankles and knee issues
    Dave Diehl - do I really need to say why......WELL past his prime
    Mark Herzlich - I feel for him I do in regards to the cancer thing, I battled it myself so........but I don't I don't think he will work out here
    Keith Rivers - ALWAYS hurt.........waste of a 5th round pick!
    Tyler Sash - hits hard but thats about it
    Justin Tuck - Last 2 years were........did he play for us from 2011 - 2013?
    Corey Webster - Can't cover worth a darn anymore........from the sideline views after he got burned, I didn't see a player that really cared either

Please tell us all how you propose to replace our starting C, DE and CB.

Banned
    It would be nice to kick most of the players you listed to the curb based on their performances(I don't agree that Bradshaw deserves to go) however you have to consider the depth(or lack thereof) behind some of these guys. Getting rid of Tuck and Osi would be nice, but who is left behind them? The same problem exists at CB as well, Corey Webster played like garbage this season but do we really want to risk potentially having to play Justin Tryon?

TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

I would move Boothe to C, draft or FA a G/C for depth. For DE, draft in the early rounds for a stud, and we have Tracey and Ojomo to groom. CB I would definately draft, and maybe find a vet to school the young guys. Bradshaw is a shell of his former self.......do you really think one more year will help him get back into good enough health to help the run game? He hurts us more playing injured than anything else........and I don't see him gracefully taking a backup/short yardage back role.

Bench Player
    I believe Barden, Rivers and Bernard are all UFA anyways.

Don't see cutting Bradshaw. He still runs hard and gives the Giants offense a fiery attitude that Eli, nor anyone else doesn't provides. He's still got a reasonable salary and despite his injuries and Giants spotty Oline play still had a 4.6 ypc. Wilson is a great HR hitter, but can;t pass block worth a damn yet. That may be he best part of Ahmad's game. The Giants have enough areas to improve, namely the O-Line, a pass rusher to go on the other side of JPP, a big man run stopper DT and a good cover corner. Lets leave the RB's alone. I see an awesome two headed monster with Wilson and Ahmad in 2013. If the Giants can improve the line, this may be a top 5 rushing unit. Ahmad will be even better IMO with fewer carries. I really don't know what you guys are seeing about Ahmad that indicates he's any less than he was. He's not the long threat he was in '07, but he's no slouch and still pretty young (26).

Diehl will be renegotiated and brought back. Great veteran depth though he may not be a weekly starter anymore. Baas will be hard to cut with that contract. I'm an advocate of cutting Webster though his play wasn't as bad as many think. Everyone points to the Raven game but he was right there on most of those passes, Flacco just made very good throws and Torrey Smith can be a hard man to cover. But he can represent some cap room and isn't worth his contract (7M next year-his last under contract). BUT CB's are hard to come by and I don't know if they will be able to find a viable replacement. Prince is improving but still not great. Terrell Thomas will never be the same if he even comes back so forget about him. Hosley played ok at times, but I wouldn't want him starting weekly. Tuck needs to go without question.

Quote Originally Posted by beakybird View Post
    I believe Barden, Rivers and Bernard are all UFA anyways.

Don't see cutting Bradshaw. He still runs hard and gives the Giants offense a fiery attitude that Eli, nor anyone else doesn't provides. He's still got a reasonable salary and despite his injuries and Giants spotty Oline play still had a 4.6 ypc. Wilson is a great HR hitter, but can;t pass block worth a damn yet. That may be he best part of Ahmad's game. The Giants have enough areas to improve, namely the O-Line, a pass rusher to go on the other side of JPP, a big man run stopper DT and a good cover corner. Lets leave the RB's alone. I see an awesome two headed monster with Wilson and Ahmad in 2013. If the Giants can improve the line, this may be a top 5 rushing unit. Ahmad will be even better IMO with fewer carries. I really don't know what you guys are seeing about Ahmad that indicates he's any less than he was. He's not the long threat he was in '07, but he's no slouch and still pretty young (26).

Diehl will be renegotiated and brought back. Great veteran depth though he may not be a weekly starter anymore. Baas will be hard to cut with that contract. I'm an advocate of cutting Webster though his play wasn't as bad as many think. Everyone points to the Raven game but he was right there on most of those passes, Flacco just made very good throws and Torrey Smith can be a hard man to cover. But he can represent some cap room and isn't worth his contract (7M next year-his last under contract). BUT CB's are hard to come by and I don't know if they will be able to find a viable replacement. Prince is improving but still not great. Terrell Thomas will never be the same if he even comes back so forget about him. Hosley played ok at times, but I wouldn't want him starting weekly. Tuck needs to go without question.
    I really feel like Brown was better than AB......ran with power, full steam, north and south. AB got stuffed at the LOS ALOT!

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

I would move Boothe to C, draft or FA a G/C for depth. For DE, draft in the early rounds for a stud, and we have Tracey and Ojomo to groom. CB I would definately draft, and maybe find a vet to school the young guys. Bradshaw is a shell of his former self.......do you really think one more year will help him get back into good enough health to help the run game? He hurts us more playing injured than anything else........and I don't see him gracefully taking a backup/short yardage back role.
    Bradshaw rushed for +1000 yards this year with a crappy line, I would hardly call that a shell of himself

Banned
    TCHOF/ShakeandBake,

The guy was playing broken all season, by far and away was more injured than he ever has been in his career, and still managed to put up 1000+ yards. I do not see him returning to the team next year and becoming more injured than he was this year, especially considering he will not have to shoulder the entire load next year. Point is that the guy was the best running back on the team this year with two broken wheels, and even in the last game of the year when Wilson got the same amount of carries as AB did, he still managed to outperform him.

I don't think that anyone thinks that Bradshaw should shoulder the entire load but to say that the guy's career is over is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Bradshaw rushed for +1000 yards this year with a crappy line, I would hardly call that a shell of himself
    There were games where he was getting most of the touches and that only hurt us more. Hopefully next season, Brown and Wilson will get more carries. Add in Bradshaw with healthier feet, I see our running game being highly potent, more so if we can fix the O-line.
    For a Giant fan that I personally knew: My mom. May she smile and be delighted whenever her favorite player - Victor Cruz - scores a touchdown and does his salsa dance.

Thank you mom for everything! Let's Go Giants!

Bench Player
    I really feel like Brown was better than AB......ran with power, full steam, north and south. AB got stuffed at the LOS ALOT!
    At times Brown did look better than Bradshaw, but I don't see him as anything more than a short yardage back. I don;t see him contributing at all to the pass game, whether it be blocking or as a receiver. Ahmad can block and can make a few plays catching the ball. Wilson I think will be a very good receiver but he HAS to learn to block. Two things Coughlin demands of his RB are holding onto the ball and pass blocking. Wilson seems to lack in both areas though his ball handling seemed solid late in the year when he got another chance.

Hard to distinguish how much of Ahmad's getting stuffed was the line or him. The Oline did a bad job in the run game most of the time. But the numbers still don't lie, he was still very effective at 4.6 ypc. Then there are the intangibles such as the afore mentioned blocking and his leadership and fire. I see no reason why Wilson and Ahmad can't split carries with Brown serving short yardage (don't know his contract status though). Can't agree with anyone that advocates getting rid if Ahmad, he's done nothing but bleed for the Giants and is still effective.