+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alex Okafor?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I was comparing Ansah vs JPP. Okafor is the quickest out the gates of the three. Though he is by far the smallest. 3" and maybe 10-20 pounds smaller. (30 pounds smaller than JPP)
    I hate the wiggle room measurements seem to have before the Combine ... I have Ansah at 6'5 270 and Okafar at 6'5 265. I know both put on weight since their freshmen years (I believe both entered around 230ish).

I've seen Ansah listed as 6'6 on some sites and Okafor at 6'4 1/2 (shrug).

I have no problem with anyone saying Ansah edges Okafor from a sheer athletic standpoint (and most Giants fans will probably agree that we take the more athletically inclined generally speaking).

Okafor just seems more devastating to me (combination smarts, football talent and awareness).

Am i the only one thats not impressed but any of the DE's? (that could actually be on the board)....

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Am i the only one thats not impressed but any of the DE's? (that could actually be on the board)....
    Just curious but what DEs in recent years have you been impressed by?

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post

Might want to watch some tape ... some pretty impressive guys out there this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo3BVi_7Do

Okafor 2012 highlights.. I think Im a big fan of this guy now..

Okafor's probably my favorite end right now in that range mainly due to his pass rushing abilities. He just looks fast and relentless out there. In terms of the rungame, Okafor's looked to be more of the player set the edge and guard against the bounce, whereas Ansah can just disengage and power through regardless of being double teamed. Can just be what's asked of them, but I've seen Okafor put his hand down at the 5 and just blow past the guard with speed and quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Okafor's probably my favorite end right now in that range mainly due to his pass rushing abilities. He just looks fast and relentless out there. In terms of the rungame, Okafor's looked to be more of the player set the edge and guard against the bounce, whereas Ansah can just disengage and power through regardless of being double teamed. Can just be what's asked of them, but I've seen Okafor put his hand down at the 5 and just blow past the guard with speed and quickness.
    There both very good prospects.. Okafor reminds me alot of Andre Branch from last yrs draft, who i also liked... Ansah reminds me of JPP.. Both fine players, but i think Ansah is the higher ceiling player, and only one of 2 worth a top 20seclection..

Maybe I should reword that.
    As far as a every down possible 1st round 4-3 DEs, im not impressed....The mingo kid & Jordan dont fit that mold...Ansah is slightly overrated...

I'm not bashing any of these guys, just saying from what ive seen, none of these guys are looking great as 4-3 DEs...but thats from what ive seen, havent done extensive research...but in recent years, greg hardy, michael johnson, robert quinn, brandon graham, jpp, orakpo, mercillus are all guys that showed up on tape from what I saw...

+ Reply to Thread