+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alex Okafor?

If you want to be a smug b.astard. Then go on right ahead. Sorry I didn't appease your love affair for butt buddy Tank. I never even had posted any negatives outside of I never considered him a first rounder. Boohoo?

Ease up guys ... they're all just opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    There is a thing called the internet, you can do searches and stuff on it, Check it out.

I just did 1 for "Tank carradine 1st rounder" and the search came up with tons of sites that had him as a 1st rounder prior to his injury. Heck, even NYCsportfan mocked him to us as a 1st rounder in these very forums at one point. Here was the 1st listed article tho if you havent figured out how to use the internet:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fers-torn-acl/

He led the nation in sacks and tackles for a loss at one point I beleive. You must not follow college football if you are surprised to hear that he was considered a 1st round talent prior to his injury.
    Yes sir, Carradine most certainly was a 1st rder before injury.. By most actually.. He worked his way to that point during the season with his huge numbers.. Hence, he'd be a great guy to look at in the late 2nd/early 3rd rd range if a team wants to gamble on geting a 1st rd talent later on, or getting a guy whos injury has made em half the player he was..

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    If you want to be a smug b.astard. Then go on right ahead. Sorry I didn't appease your love affair for butt buddy Tank. I never even had posted any negatives outside of I never considered him a first rounder. Boohoo?

Sorry for being smug, but c'mon you "seriously doubted" anyone had Carradine so high when all you had to do was a little search for yourself. Im not your do boy. Especially since the search would have taken less time than any of your posts.

You asked for a link, and you got it with a little "you're lazy for asking" thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post

Sorry for being smug, but c'mon you "seriously doubted" anyone had Carradine so high when all you had to do was a little search for yourself. Im not your do boy. Especially since the search would have taken less time than any of your posts.

You asked for a link, and you got it with a little "you're lazy for asking" thrown in.

I mean no slight to Okafor either. He is a very good prospect. I was just responding to the notion that after Okafor/Ansah there is a huge droppoff. I do not agree with that.

Wasn't there serious debate between FSU fans on who the superior player was in regards to Werner and Carradine? Dang shame Tank got injured because it would be interesting to see how far apart the two got drafted from one another.

Ansah seems to be much more stout in the run game than okafor IMO. Okafor seems to try and get up the field and takes himself out of the play against draws and other runs. However, okafor is much more advanced at this point in terms of pash rushing ability. I thing he could be a pash rushing factor as a rookie. Another thing that annoys me is that Texas has him stand up and rush far too often especially since he seems to get more pressure with his hand in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    Ansah seems to be much more stout in the run game than okafor IMO. Okafor seems to try and get up the field and takes himself out of the play against draws and other runs. However, okafor is much more advanced at this point in terms of pash rushing ability. I thing he could be a pash rushing factor as a rookie. Another thing that annoys me is that Texas has him stand up and rush far too often especially since he seems to get more pressure with his hand in the dirt.
    they line up differently and are asked to do vastly different things. Ansah doesnt line up very much outside the Tackles.Most of his snaps he has B gap responsibility so U wont see him fly around the corner like Okafor. Ansah doesnt get anywhere near as many opportunities on the edge. I believe Ansah could be a beast of an inside pass rusher. Tuck was never a great edge rusher. When Tuck and the Giants were at theirbest he was coming after the QB inside. The Giants dont have that ability anymore. I think Ansah could give that back to them. The ideal for me would be to see Ansah taken in the 1st round and then the Giants landing a Blitzer/ 3rd down pass rusher maybe he could be a full time LB type

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post

I mean no slight to Okafor either. He is a very good prospect. I was just responding to the notion that after Okafor/Ansah there is a huge droppoff. I do not agree with that.
    Where did I ask for a link? I asked which sources [ESPN, CBS, NFL.com etc. etc.] all of which I take with a grain of salt. The fact you can infer laziness or even sarcasm from my posts is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    they line up differently and are asked to do vastly different things. Ansah doesnt line up very much outside the Tackles.Most of his snaps he has B gap responsibility so U wont see him fly around the corner like Okafor. Ansah doesnt get anywhere near as many opportunities on the edge. I believe Ansah could be a beast of an inside pass rusher. Tuck was never a great edge rusher. When Tuck and the Giants were at theirbest he was coming after the QB inside. The Giants dont have that ability anymore. I think Ansah could give that back to them. The ideal for me would be to see Ansah taken in the 1st round and then the Giants landing a Blitzer/ 3rd down pass rusher maybe he could be a full time LB type
    So u would want ansah to line up inside on third down? That would be deadly if we could a situational edge rusher later in the draft or someone already on the roster I.e. ojomo/Tracy to be effective. However, I am still wary of crafting ansah and having him play as an end in a 4-3. He has never played there and these transitions are never guaranteed no matter how athletic or much potential is there. Okafor is the safer pick IMO and right now the giants can't afford to miss with our Eli window closing every year.

+ Reply to Thread