+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weren't we interested in M.Lynch a couple seasons ago?

just curious as to the opinion shared here about how our team would have looked with M.Lynch, if we still win those SBs, how different the team would look, etc etc.

id say if anyone compares to Lynch, itd be Bradshaw. So dunno how much of a difference it would have made. the guy runs like a complete beast. I wonder what ended up ending our interest in him...

Seattle stole him from Buffalo. All it took to get Lynch from Buffalo was a fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    just curious as to the opinion shared here about how our team would have looked with M.Lynch, if we still win those SBs, how different the team would look, etc etc.

id say if anyone compares to Lynch, itd be Bradshaw. So dunno how much of a difference it would have made. the guy runs like a complete beast. I wonder what ended up ending our interest in him...
    A multitude of issues with a deal. First off, character was a huge problem. Trade compensation would have been another, he went for a fourth and a conditional. And I think the biggest issue was that his contract only had two years on it, meaning if he does good (money as a likely motive), we either break the bank or lose him, and if he sucks, it's a bad trade and we lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    Seattle stole him from Buffalo. All it took to get Lynch from Buffalo was a fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick.
    At the time they acquired a serious head case who had only amassed roughly 600 yards the past couple years, and also never played a full season in his career.

I think Lynch returning to the west coast was the best thing for his career.

Oh, and he wasn't too impressive his first year in Seattle either.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

TBH I'd say Bradshaw is a poor man's Lynch, their running styles are extremely comparable but one is more talented than the other.

Aside from his character concerns Lynch possesses elite talent. Arguably the hardest back to bring down in the league, good vision/cutback ability, can break loose on any given play and most importantly is an every down back. He's not Adrian Peterson but he's a beast in his own right.

Character issues and a poor resume in Buffalo were why we didnt go after him.

Veteran
    Runners like Lynch and Morris seem to fit "our system" better than Wilson does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Runners like Lynch and Morris seem to fit "our system" better than Wilson does.
    we really dont know what Wilson can do yet within the Giants system.

To the OP....so Lynch has a good year and all of a sudden he woudl make a great Giant??
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    TBH I'd say Bradshaw is a poor man's Lynch, their running styles are extremely comparable but one is more talented than the other.

Aside from his character concerns Lynch possesses elite talent. Arguably the hardest back to bring down in the league, good vision/cutback ability, can break loose on any given play and most importantly is an every down back. He's not Adrian Peterson but he's a beast in his own right.

Character issues and a poor resume in Buffalo were why we didnt go after him.
    Bradshaw a poormans Lynch??....
    yeah..ok
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    we have no oline. he wouldn't have done doo doo here.
    BANG !!!

THIS !!!

well said.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI