+ Reply to Thread

Spencer paysinger

What do we have in this guy? He was second in the NFL in special teams tackles this year and has look okay against the run in the limited chances he was given. If we don't find a stud LB in the offseason, does anyone want to see this guy given a chance?

He got 140 or so snaps on defense this year. About 13% of the total snaps.

He made a couple plays, but doesnt look like a starter to me. A situational player. But he is very valuable on STs along with Tyler Sash. Neither of them, IMO, are future starters.

Veteran
    we haven't had a stud LB in a decade now, we only have serviceable LBs, Paysinger may be another one of those serviceable LB. Te'o looks like he may be one of those stud LB unfortunately for another team.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He got 140 or so snaps on defense this year. About 13% of the total snaps.

He made a couple plays, but doesnt look like a starter to me. A situational player. But he is very valuable on STs along with Tyler Sash. Neither of them, IMO, are future starters.
    That about sums it up. He's a great special teamer, but likely won't ever be much more than a back-up on defense.

He looked solid in that last game of the yr, but u just don't notice him enough...

Quote Originally Posted by btbrennan View Post
    What do we have in this guy? He was second in the NFL in special teams tackles this year and has look okay against the run in the limited chances he was given. If we don't find a stud LB in the offseason, does anyone want to see this guy given a chance?
    I have no idea, to be honest with you. Seems like a decent special teamer (that's basically what Reese looks for in his linebackers).
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    That about sums it up. He's a great special teamer, but likely won't ever be much more than a back-up on defense.
    That is how backups stick with the team.........by being demons on ST. Still like almost everyone here I long for just one "A grade" NFL LB.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    That is how backups stick with the team.........by being demons on ST. Still like almost everyone here I long for just one "A grade" NFL LB.
    Isn't how that how blackburn got his name?

i actually like Paysinger a lot..I think he has the most upside out of any of the linebackers on the team besides for Jacquain Williams when hes healthy. I think Paysinger is more athletic than Herz or Blackburn and would be a better SLB than anyone we currently have on the team

GET WELL SOON