+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants' Henry Hynoski Named To USA Football's 2012 All Fundamentals Team

Giants' Henry Hynoski Named To USA Football's 2012 All Fundamentals Team

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/07/...amentals-team/

Excerpt: "The NFL makes it's money off the star power of the athletes. Often times when we turn on SportsCenter, we are inundated with flashy plays by big-name skill position players that intrigue fans and keep them wanting more. However, football, in its purest form, is about fundamentally sound players going out of performing to the best of their ability on a consistent basis. New York Giants fullback Henry Hynoski isn't as fast as Chris Johnson or as powerful as Adrian Peterson, but he is a fundamentally sound blocker who deserves a lot of credit for his play in 2012. That's why he was named to USA Football's 2012 All-Fundamentals Team.

2012 marks the fourth season in which USA Football has released it's All-Fundamental squad. Overall, 26 players from 18 teams were selected to receive the honor, which brings with it a $1,500 grant for the player to donate to a youth or high school football program of his choice. The All-Fundamentals team recognizes " players who employ proper technique, particularly when blocking and tackling, which fosters inherent safety benefits and better on-field performance." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I would consider this as big an honor as making the pro-bowl, if not more. This one isn't a popularity contest, it's about the unsung hero's that go out and do their job at a high level without seeking recognition or fame because of it. Hynocerous deserves it!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I would consider this as big an honor as making the pro-bowl, if not more. This one isn't a popularity contest, it's about the unsung hero's that go out and do their job at a high level without seeking recognition or fame because of it. Hynocerous deserves it!
    Hynoski has quietly impressed which made his TD celebration all the more welcome and deserving.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

the best part about this is that when he was a rookie he specifically said his blocking technique wasn't NFL ready and that he had to to work on it and improve. Its apparent he did his due diligence.
    Congrats Hyno......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    the best part about this is that when he was a rookie he specifically said his blocking technique wasn't NFL ready and that he had to to work on it and improve. Its apparent he did his due diligence.
    Congrats Hyno......
    +1

I feel like Hynoski embodies what it truly means to be a Giant better than anyone else on the roster now. Even moreso than Eli Manning, and yes, that is saying a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I feel like Hynoski embodies what it truly means to be a Giant better than anyone else on the roster now. Even moreso than Eli Manning, and yes, that is saying a lot...
    Smash mouth football at its best. Makes DLs feel it like Jacobs used to. Definitely deserved it along with that TD.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Hynoski has quietly impressed which made his TD celebration all the more welcome and deserving.
    The best part.. you just know he has been practicing that dance all year waiting for his chance to use it. It was awesome
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The best part.. you just know he has been practicing that dance all year waiting for his chance to use it. It was awesome
    I sure hope we haven't seen the last of it

Bench Player
    Like ive said before, none of this suprises me. Ive watched Hyno play since he was in jr high. He has been this dedicated to learning his craft and a class act since his days playing for couch Roth at Southern Columbia. I do believe this honor to be more significant than a probowl bid btw.

+ Reply to Thread