+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvin Austin.

All-Pro

Marvin Austin.

Is it possible that if he stays healthy he can contribute this season? Been supporting him since they drafted him, but starting to have some doubts. Would be nice if he could get it together and use his athletic ability on the field. He may have had to much time off though. He wasn't even hurt this year and when he was activated he didn't look very good.

im not giving up on him. i knew going in he was gonna take a while bc he missed 2 yrs. the way i see it, he has the brute strength to be a force, and a low center of balance. hes physically built like a poor mans warren sapp. that cant be taken away. game shape, and technique can with time. he needs to get that back. the giants used him some vs philly i saw (if i saw correctly).

I think he can contribute next year, and be a servicable pass rushing DT. in 2 yrs, if all goes smooth, he could become a starter...but lets not fool ourselves, he could very well end up being released before next season too. im just remaining hopeful cuz thats how i roll

All-Pro
    It was rare that anyone on the D line, young or old, hurt or not, looked very good. Makes me wonder if there was more too it than simply the players not performing.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    It was rare that anyone on the D line, young or old, hurt or not, looked very good. Makes me wonder if there was more too it than simply the players not performing.
    Players aren't motivated and that comes down to the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Is it possible that if he stays healthy he can contribute this season? Been supporting him since they drafted him, but starting to have some doubts. Would be nice if he could get it together and use his athletic ability on the field. He may have had to much time off though. He wasn't even hurt this year and when he was activated he didn't look very good.
    No......he sucks. And I say this as someone who was thrilled when he was drafted.

I bought the hype, sucker that I am.....he's not NFL material.

Unfortunately, the Giants REALLY, REALLY, REALLY needed him to step up.....and the drive wasn't there. The dude got paid.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-07-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    im not giving up on him. i knew going in he was gonna take a while bc he missed 2 yrs. the way i see it, he has the brute strength to be a force, and a low center of balance. hes physically built like a poor mans warren sapp. that cant be taken away. game shape, and technique can with time. he needs to get that back. the giants used him some vs philly i saw (if i saw correctly).

I think he can contribute next year, and be a servicable pass rushing DT. in 2 yrs, if all goes smooth, he could become a starter...but lets not fool ourselves, he could very well end up being released before next season too. im just remaining hopeful cuz thats how i roll
    I think the Giants will pick up and UFA who will outplay Austin next year.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

so far he ahs shown next to nothing.....
    I guess he will get another shot in training camp.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so far he ahs shown next to nothing.....
    I guess he will get another shot in training camp.
    I'm watching Jesse Williams right now (Alabama)....holy ****, that dude is sick.

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No......he sucks. And I say this as someone who was thrilled when he was drafted.

I bought the hype, sucker that I am.....he's not NFL material.

Unfortunately, the Giants REALLY, REALLY, REALLY needed him to step up.....and the drive wasn't there. The dude got paid.
    many players on this team get paid for not doing s***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm watching Jesse Williams right now (Alabama)....holy ****, that dude is sick.
    I would trade the Giants defense for Alabama's defense right now.

+ Reply to Thread