+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvin Austin.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    I'd like to know which scout got paid to write his assessment. How the hell does a guy come in with such a resume and fail so miserably. It wasn't even close
    He has all the physical tools. The problem is he had one year off in college and then got hurt last year. The problem is two years off may have been to much. He didn't look very good in his limited time p,yang this year. Not a great sign. Maybe if he can stay healthy throughout the summer and pre season he can do something.

Consolidation year for Anchorman - he stayed healthy and practiced all year for the first time in a long time.

2013-14 season will define his future in the NFL. He will either show himself to be a player, or simply another athlete whose measurables outshine his production.
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

All-Pro
    How great would it be if he did play good this year? Just trying to imagine if their problems cold be fixed brought the draft and if their current roster just plays better. A rotation of Canty, Joseph, and Austin controlling the middle while hey draft a DE to apply pressure. They already have a few nice young players in their secondary. Could probably use some depth.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    He has all the physical tools. The problem is he had one year off in college and then got hurt last year. The problem is two years off may have been to much. He didn't look very good in his limited time p,yang this year. Not a great sign. Maybe if he can stay healthy throughout the summer and pre season he can do something.
    how many more years are we gonna waste on this guy, there are many good and hungry DTs out there who would make the most of this opportunity and we have this guy wasting a roster spot.

All-Pro
    You realize he was hurt his first year causing to miss his second season of out all which may explain his poor play this year. So one year injured one year nothing's offer. Should he get another chance? Absolutely. Will he do anything with it? Have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Is it possible that if he stays healthy he can contribute this season? Been supporting him since they drafted him, but starting to have some doubts. Would be nice if he could get it together and use his athletic ability on the field. He may have had to much time off though. He wasn't even hurt this year and when he was activated he didn't look very good.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    No......he sucks. And I say this as someone who was thrilled when he was drafted.

I bought the hype, sucker that I am.....he's not NFL material.

Unfortunately, the Giants REALLY, REALLY, REALLY needed him to step up.....and the drive wasn't there. The dude got paid.
    agreed he had oppurtunity to contribute and he **** the bed
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Players aren't motivated and that comes down to the coaches.
    why would they need to be motivated just earn your paycheck your only playing for 8 minutes a game. I understand what your saying but come on just do your job at 100% like the rest of us have to 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Only 8 minutes is all we ask
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Veteran
    I think some of you live in a fantasy world. Do you really expect a guy who hasn't played football in two years and never really played football in the NFL to come out and be the next Warren Sapp his first year back?

Lets be realistic. He hasn't played in two years. This was his first time playing in the NFL. It'll take time for him to get his physical abilities back up to snuff, his stanima, and all the other stuff that comes along with being an NFL player. If your going to write him off at least give the guy a proper chance. Sitting at home on the couch wandering about Marvin Austin each sunday and saying man this guy is a bust is not a fair assestment all things considering.

I'm not giving up on him quite yet, but he's got to show something when camp starts.

+ Reply to Thread