+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,577

    Input on Dion Jordan....

    Idk much about the kid, but he seems to have legit pass rushing ability....my question is to you guys that watch more college ball than I do & are more familiar with Jordan than I am ..
    He's listed at 6'7 243, is that accurate? Does he ever take any snaps with his hand in the dirt?
    And what's your option on him bulking to 260ish & being a 4-3 end?

  2. #2
    3-4 OLB in my mind.

  3. #3
    All-Pro Carter.525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Omaha!, NJ
    Posts
    8,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    3-4 OLB in my mind.
    bingo.. could see the Jets taking him

  4. #4
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Idk much about the kid, but he seems to have legit pass rushing ability....my question is to you guys that watch more college ball than I do & are more familiar with Jordan than I am ..
    He's listed at 6'7 243, is that accurate? Does he ever take any snaps with his hand in the dirt?
    And what's your option on him bulking to 260ish & being a 4-3 end?
    I don't think that's accurate right now. He's probably 250 but clearly has the frame to get up to 265 easily. He definitely takes snaps with his hand in the dirt and has amazing speed and agility to round the corner and chase down running backs and mobile QBs. IMO he's more athletic than JPP and could even play linebacker.

  5. #5
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    3-4 OLB in my mind.
    That seems to be the case....But with all the talk about taking a DE, im curious to know who does everyone expect to be a option.....Im honestly not buying into the Ansah hype, Mingo is a 3-4 in the leauge & cant play the run....Okafor i havent seen enough of him to determine, but from what I have seen, idk if i see a guy thats a BPA at 19...And from the looks of it, theres a drop off after the top 5 passrushers...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    3-4 OLB in my mind.
    Its a team by team basis Kiwanuka plays LB for the Giants and Jordan is better suited for that role than Kiwi.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    That seems to be the case....But with all the talk about taking a DE, im curious to know who does everyone expect to be a option.....Im honestly not buying into the Ansah hype, Mingo is a 3-4 in the leauge & cant play the run....Okafor i havent seen enough of him to determine, but from what I have seen, idk if i see a guy thats a BPA at 19...And from the looks of it, theres a drop off after the top 5 passrushers...
    I think Mingo can play the run as an outside LB. Mingo would not be a bad fit for the Giants at LB.

  8. #8
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,525
    Mingo plays the run pretty well as a DE too. I think its more assuming he wont play the run well at the next level because he is only 240 pounds.

  9. #9
    Veteran myles2424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its a team by team basis Kiwanuka plays LB for the Giants and Jordan is better suited for that role than Kiwi.
    As far as a kiwi type role, the Dude is soo long & comes of the line in a hurry , plays the run decent & seen him cover WRs...crazy....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its a team by team basis Kiwanuka plays LB for the Giants and Jordan is better suited for that role than Kiwi.
    Except that he's almost a pure pass rusher.

    And saying you can play LB better than Kiwi isn't exactly setting the bar very high.

    Usually tweeners like that we call 3-4 OLBs (but yeah I could see the Kiwi comparisons).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts