+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: possible NYG draft picks playing in BCS National Championship Game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    This is the dumbest thing said today. NFL teams have 53 guys that were studs in college or have surpassed guys that were studs in college. Even the best college teams in history have 10 NFL worthy players on their roster. The 2008 Lions would hammer the best team in college football 99 out of 100 games.

The speed and the physicality of the NFL would overwhelm the majority of a college team. Complex schemes and play calling would fool all of them.
    I must disagree with this statement. If Alabama were to have last year's class (which many were Juniors) still on the tem I think they could compete with an NFL Team. That's Dee Milliner and Kirkpatrick on the outside with Mark Barron and Robert Lester, Hightower and Mosley at ILB with Dial and Upshaw at OLB. The D could compete. Offense might have a little more trouble but I still think Bama would be able to run the ball.

Rediculous to think Bama could hang with any NFL team. What is worth discussing is how Notre Dame gets to play in a national champ game without having to play a conferense Champ game? I mean that is the hardest game of the year for all conference teams...Notre Dame are kids playing amongst men. Place Notre Dame in the SEC this year either East or West and they are not even playing in the Pinstripe Bowl..College Football needs once and foreall to foreget about the revenue created by Bowl games and give everyone what they want which is a playoff system of at least the top 10 teams

Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Chance Warmack might be the best guard I have ever seen in college. Gaurds don't typically go in the top 10 but I don't think there is a safer pick in the this years draft. Even though the Giants really need a right tackle I would have no problem if they took Warmack at 19 if he still is there.
    I know he's a natural Guard.. but I think he can play RT too..

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    the BCS ranking system, and the BCS in general is a fraud.
    Why?

ND was undefeated and played a very tough schedule.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why?

I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.

I think the name of that bowl game should have been the toilet bowl. Bama vs flush
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    I think he is saying that if there was a play-off ND wouldn't have gotten to the National Title game. Which for the record I agree with. Oregon and Alabama were clearly the best 2 teams in the country.
    Look...the ridiculous 6 week gap skews the whole process.
    But then its ALL about the money in college football.
    College football is a joke, not because of the lack of a playoff, but because a few teams get all the players and a few extremely high paid coaches are leading unpaid players to make more money for the powers of the NCAA.
    And these schools have no interest in educating these players either. Its all so friggin corrupt in my view.
    I was rooting for ND because at least they have players who actually go to class and they have interest in educating these kids.
    This blowout win was a victory for the scoundrels in the NCAA.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Why?

Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    Look at the common opponent Pitt. ND had to hang on in 3 OT's to luck out a win after Pitt missed a chip shot FG in the 2nd OT. Pitt then goes & plays a middle of the pack SEC team Ole Miss in the BACC bowl on Jan 5th & gets blown out 38-14 & Pitt scores a garbage TD late in 4th against Ole Miss's reserves. Alabama took Ole Miss to the woodshed earlier in the year. After watching the BACC bowl & seeing how easily Ole Miss ran over Pitt there was no way in my mind prior to kick off that I thought ND had a chance against Ala which prooved true.

Sad thing about this is Ala probably wasn't the best team in the SEC @ year's end. Texas A&M who whipped Ala soundly @ Bama's home stadium crushed Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl & Georgia also gave Ala all they could handle & if not for clock mismanagement could have beaten them in the SEC Championship game

What college football needs is a 16 team playoff to weed out all the bull & really crown a true national champion once & for all. IMHO anyway.
    More games by "student athlete's", getting their heads bashed in, just so a bunch of fans can have some resolution.
    Why can't we go back to the old system? Its not the end of the world if there isn't a definitive champion.
    The only reason anyone in the NCAA or the BCS does anything is to enhance their pockets. The student athlete is lost in the mess because we fans want what we want.

+ Reply to Thread