+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmen need to bring in NASTY

Gmen need to bring in NASTY

We need some guys on D with a nasty attitude. We need guys that really want to hit someone. Strahan had a fun personality and a big smile but when the strap was on, he wanted to sack the QB EVERY play. Watching Seattle, Denver and actually Alabama tonight it reminds me that defense wins championships and the will to win, every game every year takes special leadership and attitude. Our team lacks this leadership on D. We need to find our Ray Lewis or better yet, the next LT. I look forward to the draft. Go Gmen!!

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    We need some guys on D with a nasty attitude. We need guys that really want to hit someone. Strahan had a fun personality and a big smile but when the strap was on, he wanted to sack the QB EVERY play. Watching Seattle, Denver and actually Alabama tonight it reminds me that defense wins championships and the will to win, every game every year takes special leadership and attitude. Our team lacks this leadership on D. We need to find our Ray Lewis or better yet, the next LT. I look forward to the draft. Go Gmen!!
    We need a CB so Webster can play nickle coverage 1st...Webster is a huge liability now and regardless of pass rush we need another CB, Prince was fine this year when playing. Secondly we need to draft another DE and a linebacker that is equallly as good at coverage as run stopping. Williams although decent in coverage is not a run stopper, Boley took a huge step back this year. Our interior line and safeties are fine. Last but not least the most important thing is we need a defensive coordinator. That smile from Fewell after we got tourched by Baltimore was eneough for me. Get rid of Fewell, he should be the leader and is simply not. I would rather have a coach look like Rob Ryan on the sideline, Dallas has a good D coordinator....Fewell was aweful this year, Sheridan was gone after 1 year for terrible defense, I think this years defense was worse than that year.

I completely agree that our defense needs to get more physical.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    It rubs off on the offense as well

Single hard hitting plays (even without a turnover) can completely change momentum of a game.

Veteran
    This defense is so soft, they're not gonna get nasty anytime soon. maybe with new players though.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Single hard hitting plays (even without a turnover) can completely change momentum of a game.
    For example, Donte Whitner's knockout shot on the Saints first drive during the SF/NO playoff game last year. Caused a fumble inside SF's 5 yard line that SF recovered. Huge game-changer.

I think Will Hill is the guy we can look to immediately fill this role.
    Tepid Salsa

Keith Rivers, Ojomo are prime examples of nasty players IMO.

Ojomo would be a huge part of this team if he fixes whatever needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Will Hill was laying some good wood this season. Excited about his future.

+ Reply to Thread