+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

CUTS AND TRADES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN!!

1. Every since I've been a Giant fan I have never heard the media or fans talk about how good our secondary is. We have good safeties (when their healthy) but the CB line-up has got to get better. Cut #1 Corey Webster...this man has had his good days and bad days but he is nowhere near good enough to hold his own against our division with players like Dez Bryant, Pierre Garcon...I say cut him, cause no one in their right mind is gonna accept a trade for this guy. Once Terrell Thomas stays healthy and with Anukamara on the other side we should show some progress.

2. Everyone knows you need to build your team around your divisional rivals abilities. With RG3 now becoming a huge threat, we need more speed in our front 4 and a better linebacker core because he gets off the edge entirely too many times. A LB need is imperative. I actually think that should be our 1st pick in the draft. We havent had a threat in our linebacker core since Antonio Pierce.

3. Offensive line. Now Eli doesnt get sacked a lot but how long will that keep up? We need some fresh legs to protect our QB because our line isn't getting any younger.

4. Trade Ahmad Bradshaw for one of the needs listed above. David Wilson I believe has the potential to develop into another Tiki the only thing that worries me about him is his ball handling skills, Andre Brown showed us he also has the potential to be a reliable back. Ahmad foot issues arent going away and in my opinion he's lost a step or 2. He's not as good at finding holes like the other 2 backs and tends to run into walls for no gains.

Everyone keeps saying LB's are the key to stopping RG3 I disagree Dlineman are still more important

OUR LB core has been average at best for years. The position has needed to be revamped with more speed and skill. Move Kiwi back to DE and that helps the Dline right away. Yes we need to cut webster. He was beaten badly often!! Bradshaw is not a huge cap hit and still productive.

Cuts: Tuck, Webster, Rolle, Baas, Diehl, and Canty

Re-sign- Cruz, Beatty, Phillips, and Stevie

Sign: Henry Melton, Andre Smith, and Michael Johnson

Draft: Linebackers, Cornerbacks, and Oline

Problems solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Everyone keeps saying LB's are the key to stopping RG3 I disagree Dlineman are still more important
    While I agree that Dline are more important for stopping RG3 I also believe 1 of the biggest reasons we struggled vs the skins was the poor play of our linebackers against the run. I still arue that it was the Skins run game that beat us moreso than RG3. And Chase was really bad vs the run this year, particularly late in the year and particularly in the 1st half of the skins game.

I like chase and think he is has been an overachiever. But he is not good vs the run.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    While I agree that Dline are more important for stopping RG3 I also believe 1 of the biggest reasons we struggled vs the skins was the poor play of our linebackers against the run. I still arue that it was the Skins run game that beat us moreso than RG3. And Chase was really bad vs the run this year, particularly late in the year and particularly in the 1st half of the skins game.

I like chase and think he is has been an overachiever. But he is not good vs the run.
    Agreed.. We need more explosive, fast players at LB i think.. Hopefully Jaquain WIlliams can continue to get better, but i really think a guy like Ogletree would help alot against RG3.. U get Ogletree and another stud DT, with size, like a Sylvester Williams or Kawaan Short, and i think it'll help agianst RG3... A big stout DT that also knows how to get behnd the line and a fast, instinctive, explosive MLB would do wonders against RG3...

Bench Player
    Don't know about cutting Rolle. He's underachieved but still plays good football. High salary, but the cuts you propose send the Giants into rebuild mode for 2013. Not to mention I think Rolle would carry to large a cap hit. I agree Tuck and Webster both need to go as they are both going into their final season. Baas is another with too much left that would carry a hefty cap hit. Diehl may be cut but I think he should strill be brought back with a lesser salary if he goes for it. Being able to play G or T gives him value even if it's as a rotating backup. Canty I think is very valuable when he is healthy.

Agree with all the resigns though.

How about axing Michael Boley? He seems to have been a bust signing from day one and the Giants really need to get better on the outside. I do like J Williams as he gives the Giants a cover LB.

Also I'd really like to see the Giants bring back Martellus Bennett.

I like the idea of moving Kiwi back to DE, letting Osi walk and cutting Tuck. But they do need a beast up the middle to clog up running lanes and push the pocket up the middle. I think that is the Giants #1 need on defense. Sure the corners need to be helped, as does MLB, but I think you clog up the middle and you make it harder to focus on JPP and you get gashed up the middle much less.