+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Minter

Kevin Minter

Does anyone have any thoughts on Kevin Minter? nycsportzfan recently pointed out that he declared for the draft. He is the 24th overall rated player. Could possibly be an interesting pick if reese did decide to go ILB in the first round..

thoughts?

He is a good football player. I still want to see his measurables tho. There are rumors he is smaller than his listed size, which is becoming far to commonplace.

Minter would be a good value in the 2nd..

Ewww good lord no.

6'1 245, but he plays like he's 5'10. Slow, doesn't tackle or shed blocks particularly well and has almost no range.

The only upside that I can see with this guy is that he can blitz when no one is blocking him really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Ewww good lord no.

6'1 245, but he plays like he's 5'10. Slow, doesn't tackle or shed blocks particularly well and has almost no range.

The only upside that I can see with this guy is that he can blitz when no one is blocking him really well.
    Try best player on that LSU defense thats gonna see a ton of guys go in the first 3rds.. Hes very physical and is very bright and a great leader.. I would take this guy at the end of RD 1 , early 2nd all day long and feel great about it.. Hes got solid straight line speed, good strength, makes plays behind the line, isn't a total liablity in coverege, solid tackler...etc THis kids the real deal!

U must of missed his brililant 19tackle game against Clemson last wk, ey? Or his 20tackle game against Florida? Guy had like 130tackles, 15tackle for loss, 4sacks, 1int, 5PD..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Try best player on that LSU defense thats gonna see a ton of guys go in the first 3rds.. Hes very physical and is very bright and a great leader.. I would take this guy at the end of RD 1 , early 2nd all day long and feel great about it.. Hes got solid straight line speed, good strength, makes plays behind the line, isn't a total liablity in coverege, solid tackler...etc THis kids the real deal!

U must of missed his brililant 19tackle game against Clemson last wk, ey? Or his 20tackle game against Florida? Guy had like 130tackles, 15tackle for loss, 4sacks, 1int, 5PD..
    # of tackles is the worst stat to judge by ... especially is those tackles are happening after the first down marker.

I rare see this kid making plays behind the line that don't include him being left totally unblocked. That's more of an indictment to the opposing offensive line then it is a testament to this kids' ability.

He's awful getting off of blocks, has no acceleration whatsoever (who cares how fast he's running if it takes him 5 minutes to get to that speed?) which also means he has no range and he's a TOTAL liability in coverage.

I feel like we're talking about two different people.

P.S. - The Florida game is linked above ... explain to me where you're impressed. The blitz that I could have driven an RV through?

Ok help me out here guys ... I've watched tape after tape on this guy and I don't get the hype.

He's slow ... he can't shed blocks ... he's always getting blown back or locked up. He can't cover to save his life.

Why is this guy so highly rated?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    # of tackles is the worst stat to judge by ... especially is those tackles are happening after the first down marker.

I rare see this kid making plays behind the line that don't include him being left totally unblocked. That's more of an indictment to the opposing offensive line then it is a testament to this kids' ability.

He's awful getting off of blocks, has no acceleration whatsoever (who cares how fast he's running if it takes him 5 minutes to get to that speed?) which also means he has no range and he's a TOTAL liability in coverage.

I feel like we're talking about two different people.

P.S. - The Florida game is linked above ... explain to me where you're impressed. The blitz that I could have driven an RV through?
    Especially if there happening after the 1st down marker? Tackles are important no matter if a team gets a 1st or not.. So u would rather a guy just goes for monster gains and TD's and get his team in scoring positon rather then make a tackle after a 1st and try again? Tackles are extremely important weather it happens after a 1st or not.. When ur piling up 20tackles, ur saving alot of extra yards and scoring opp's, and making the other team continue to have to make plays to score..

Minter had 15TFL, 4sacks, 1int, and 5PD to go with his 130tackles.. Like i said, he was the best player on that defense.. I bet the LSU players would say the same thing...

I would say he was the most consistent player on that defense. Lots of the other players have more upside.

+ Reply to Thread