What I like about Minter:
1) He's in position.
2) He demonstrates good knowledge of the game and good awareness of the play.
3) He doesn't seem to particularly slow down (although I wouldn't call him a high motor guy either).
What I don't like about Minter:
1) He often has poor form tackling (lots of times he tackles like an undersized Safety, throwing shoulder shots and launching off his feet).
2) He's not fast. He doesn't cover side line to side line especially well (lacks range). He often gets beat around the edges on run plays.
3) He's not good in coverage. Part of it is his lack of range ... part of it is being awkward while back pedaling.
Overall impression: the best that I can sum up is consistent and solid. He's dependable to be where he's supposed to be, but a big question as to whether he's going to make the play. I'd call him a 3rd rounder ... I think guys like Mingo and Montgomery are making him look better than he is (sort of like Phillip Dillard and Suh the year we drafted Dillard).
He just doesn't excite me.