+ Reply to Thread

Giants Set To Lose Scouting Director Ross

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...Yz87Kh36xAZFPL

Excerpt: "The Giants are bracing for the likely loss of Marc Ross, their valued director of college scouting, who is being courted by several teams to fill general manager vacancies.

Ross today will speak with the Panthers in Charlotte and has already interviewed with the Jets, Chargers and Jaguars about their vacancies. Ross has a strong advocate on the scene in Carolina, as former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi was hired as a consultant by Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to help facilitate the GM search. Accorsi highly respects Ross as well as Dave Gettleman, the Giants’ senior pro personnel analyst. Gettleman is also in Charlotte to interview for the Panthers’ GM job." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Interesting that Ross got his Masters at Cruz's alma mater
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Marc Ross would be a huge loss.

I always catch crap for giving Ross credit over Reese in terms of drafting....but I'm convinced Reese owes a **** ton to the work that Ross has done with that scouting department.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Marc Ross would be a huge loss.

I always catch crap for giving Ross credit over Reese in terms of drafting....but I'm convinced Reese owes a **** ton to the work that Ross has done with that scouting department.
    Not unlike a lot of large organizations

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Not unlike a lot of large organizations
    and, the way the Giants are structured, Ernie relied on Reese before that change, as he was in Ross's position at that time

Veteran
    that's too bad he's gone, I don't trust reese, let's see what he does in the draft

It would definitely suck if we lost both Gettleman and Ross.