+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TE just got deep in this draft real quick!

There was a time it seemed we could have just Eifert and Fauria as far as really stout TE prospects, but Ertz and Toilolo(huge surprise!) are both declaring, as is San Diego Sts Gavin Escobar(huge suprise), and Jordan Reed, and also Dion Sims... Many thought Escobar, Toilolo, and possibly Sims would return to school.. This TE class is really deep with quality throughout now...

I would definetly let Bennett leave now, more then ever, unless he will take very cheap money to come back... Look at these te's coming out this yr..

Tyler Eifert N.Dame
    J.Fauria UCLA
    Zach Ertz Stanford
    Levine Toiolo Stanford
    Gavin Escobar San Diego St
    Jordan Reed Florida
    Dion Sims Michigan St.
    Michael Williams Bama
    Travis Kelce Cincy
    Ryan Otten San Jose St.
    Mychal Rivera Tennesee

Those guys almost all have starting potential.. There are some dandies in that group.. Dion Sims, Levine Toiolo and Gavin Escobar have made this one heck of a deep TE class all of a sudden..

Where do you think Ertz and Toiolo will fall? I think that if we have a shot at them in the 3rd, maybe 2nd then its definitely worth a shot. Bennett may be too expensive and we still have to take care of a few more of our free agents next offseason as well.

TC doesn't play rookies.....I say that tongue in cheek.....but seriously, do you see TC going with Bear and a rook or two? I don't..

As much as Eifert is a stud, I think Ertz fits our TE job description more. Unless you can convince me that we would adjust our offensive gameplan based on Eifert's talents, which would make me very happy(Gilbride, im talking to you.) But, as it stands now the TE position is a block 1st position in this offense. Neither is a stud blocker, but Ertz is way ahead in this category in experience and ability.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 01-08-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Travis Kelce's my guy

I love Michael Williams from Alabama put Bennett and Williams both on the field would be like having 7 Olineman. I would like to see this team get an edge to them and being physically dominate again on both fronts,

I have a hard time seeing the Giants drafting a TE this year (especially if we re-sign Bennett).

Quote Originally Posted by ebick View Post
    TC doesn't play rookies.....I say that tongue in cheek.....but seriously, do you see TC going with Bear and a rook or two? I don't..
    He had no problem going with and winning a SB with Kevin Boss a 5th rder outta W.Oregon when Shockey went down with very good results...

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Travis Kelce's my guy
    Ya, Kelces one of my faves by far.. Hes got speed, size, complete TE..etc I like the upside of Toiolo as well..

Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Where do you think Ertz and Toiolo will fall? I think that if we have a shot at them in the 3rd, maybe 2nd then its definitely worth a shot. Bennett may be too expensive and we still have to take care of a few more of our free agents next offseason as well.
    I think Ertz goes anywhere from late 1st rd, to somewhere in the 2nd.. Toiolo can make moves if he works out well, as hes a upside kid, with great size, and if he runs well, he'll really start vaulting up boards... If i had to guess, i think Toiolo ends up going in Rd3, maybe early 4th..