+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Between Dion Jordan, Sam Montgomery, or Ezekial Ansah...

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Im going to put up an Ogletree vid vs Nebraska today
    Nice. I really do like ogletree. Obviously he's way undersized but he does a lot of things well. And he doesn't seem to mind hitting bigger backs. Though he does on occasion shy away from linemen. I wonder if its just him knowing he's small. Get him to 250 pounds maybe he plays differently.

Also curious when he gets drafted. I know a lot of people think first because of his upside, but inside linebackers usually go later than people think. I wouldn't be shocked if Teo doesn't go until the 20s, minter mid 2nd and ogletree soon after minter.

Watched a couple vids of Logan. Would say he has the least upside of the three listed. He already plays with really good leverage and he has a good amount of strength. But I don't ever seeing him as being much more than he is now. Don't think he could ever develop into a dynamic pass rusher. He has a burst, but no closing speed. And he already displays pretty good awareness. Just not that physically gifted

So IMO, what is coach able he already does pretty well at. What isn't coach able I think he is rather average at. He could be a good pro, but probably not much more than that.

He actually reminds me a lot of a younger Barry Cofield.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-09-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Jordan possibly.

Ansah has almost more certain upside.

Montgomery, imo, is pretty maxed out physically, can add another 10 pounds or so. But I dont think he has vast untapped potential like the other two.
    all 3 make me nervous.

Nice. I really do like ogletree. Obviously he's way undersized but he does a lot of things well. And he doesn't seem to mind hitting bigger backs. Though he does on occasion shy away from linemen. I wonder if its just him knowing he's small. Get him to 250 pounds maybe he plays differently.

Also curious when he gets drafted. I know a lot of people think first because of his upside, but inside linebackers usually go later than people think. I wouldn't be shocked if Teo doesn't go until the 20s, minter mid 2nd and ogletree soon after minter.
    It depends on who the MLB is.. Ogletree is all ready really good, and most think hes not even tipped the iceberg on his overall talent yet.. Also, hes got some versatility, by playing some at S, which i think helps his stock a tad, and he comes from a dynamic pipeline school, where NFL prospects regularly get drafted and produce...

Some yrs, a certain positon is just good, and guys go higher then others.. This is clearly a great yr for ILB"s, with Ogletree, Te'o, and Minter, all at the top of the heap.. I'd take any of those guys in the first, with Minter being last few picks.. Of course, one will probably slide, but thats becuase theres so many players who teams are gonna take , that we had no idea would go that high...

Dion Jordan has a lot of upside in a 3-4 as an outside lb. He absolutely burns and can cover very well for a pass rushing lb. Ansah also has upside but he plays in a 3-4 scheme at byu as a de and rarely as a lb so the Giants would be taking a huge risk drafting him. I worry about him getting stonewalled like tuck nowadays without any real go to pass rushing moves. Of course the latter could be developed but I do not think he is the same freakish monster that Jpp was coming out of south florida.

Ezekiallll!!!!!

Can someone explain the Ansah thing to me? On the game tape I've seen, he's looked pretty mediocre against meager competition.

slip not sure where you get that he is way undersized,,size wise he is on par with Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis. he's 6'3 232lbs.... Willis 6'1 240lbs....... Lewis 6'1 240lbs..............................I think his size is very deceptive do to the fact that he has a long frame. If he puts on about 10-15lbs he'd be in business,,,I hope we can grab him.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    slip not sure where you get that he is way undersized,,size wise he is on par with Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis. he's 6'3 232lbs.... Willis 6'1 240lbs....... Lewis 6'1 240lbs..............................I think his size is very deceptive do to the fact that he has a long frame. If he puts on about 10-15lbs he'd be in business,,,I hope we can grab him.
    I completely agree with everything u said. in addition, his height and long arms can be disruptive. It is difficult to fit throws down the middle over him in a cover 2 with his crazy vertical also. He can and will be a stud with the necessary weight gain. His run stopping should improve with more weight and his speed should still be intact with amazing cov skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    I completely agree with everything u said. in addition, his height and long arms can be disruptive. It is difficult to fit throws down the middle over him in a cover 2 with his crazy vertical also. He can and will be a stud with the necessary weight gain. His run stopping should improve with more weight and his speed should still be intact with amazing cov skills.
    I can't wait to see Ogletrees vertical at the combine! He might jump outta the building!

+ Reply to Thread