+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boom Boom Mock 1.0

Boom Boom Mock 1.0

Giants 7 round draft:

Rnd 1: Ezekiel Ansah DE - BYU - Giants live and die on the pass rush and it was horrible in 2012. Osi will be gone and Tuck is past his prime. Ansah is a freak of raw talent and will be a great future book end with JPP.

Rnd 2: DJ Fluker OT - Alabama - Giants need help on the Oline and Fluker should be there. He's a monster and dominated in college. He could probably step in and start day 1 but if not would be great depth and ready to start in 2014.

Rnd 3: Sean Porter OLB - Texas A&M- The Giants need impact LBs and Porter is a fantastic athlete that excels in pass coverage and pass rush.

Rnd 4: Alvin Bailey OG - Arkansas - Big, strong, and very versatile. Can play multiple positions on the line and has a quick start off the snap which aids his terrific run blocking.

Rnd 5: Kevin Rid**** ILB - UNC - Impressive all around linebacker.Strong, physical tackler that can get to the ball carrier.

Rnd 6: Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB - A knee injury ended his 2011 season early and will likely drop him in the draft. He's got 2-3 rnd talent and recovered nicely for his senior season even though he was not 100%. He has great size, speed, and athleticism combination and very smart.

Rnd 7: Margus Hunt DE - Southern Methodist - Raw impressive talent that may be the "freak of the draft". He will be a steal unless his stock rises. He's a 6'8' 280 pound monster with an 83" wingspan. He has the ability to alter a passing attack on his own and bats down many balls. Between him and Ansah the Giants could add some serious scary freaks to their DL.

Supplemental pick: Dustin Hopkins K - Florida State - Regarded as the best kicker in college. Tynes' inconsistencies have run their course. Time to bring in new blood.
    Last edited by dannyboomboom1; 01-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.

I can see them going DE in the 1st round

I'd be extremely happy with these but I doubt Hunt falls to the 7th

No DT?

I like the first two picks.

I don't think we go LB in the first three picks.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-08-2013 at 04:55 PM.

i had trouble taking this one seriously when i saw Wreh Wilson in 6th rd(hes 2nd-4th rder) and Margus Hunt in 7th rd(hes 1st-3rd rder), and even Bailey in Mid 4th is kinda pushing it.. Bailey is better prospect then Petrus who went in the mid 5th... But Hunt and Wreh Wilson simply aren't happening that late, no chance...

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    I'd be extremely happy with these but I doubt Hunt falls to the 7th
    Agree. I believe we will prob get a supplemental pick following the 4th round considering we lost Manningham, Jacobs, Ross, Goff, Tollefson and really only brought in Bennett and Lochlear. So in my updated mock I will prob have him slotted into that Supp pick because I believe he will be shooting up the draft boards considering what a player of his ability could do seeing how dominating JJ Watt was in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    No DT?

I like the first two picks.

I don't think we go LB in the first three picks.
    I don't see the Giants resigning Rivers or Blackburn and cutting Boley so that leaves them with Kiwi (whom may get some push at DE/DT), Herzlich, Paysinger, and Williams. So getting 2 LBs in this draft is quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    i had trouble taking this one seriously when i saw Wreh Wilson in 6th rd(hes 2nd-4th rder) and Margus Hunt in 7th rd(hes 1st-3rd rder), and even Bailey in Mid 4th is kinda pushing it.. Bailey is better prospect then Petrus who went in the mid 5th... But Hunt and Wreh Wilson simply aren't happening that late, no chance...
    Agreed Hunt will not be there that late but he will not be a 1st or 2nd rounder. He's still a project, played at a small school, and is from Estonia so he's not a sure thing and still learning. Wreh Wilson should be a 2nd/3rd rounder, as I indicated, but I think there will still be enough question marks about him to make him fall. Teams are not going to want to risk a high draft pick on a kid with knee issues but a late round pick is worth it.

Hunt in the 7th would be extra amazing !!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboomboom1 View Post
    I don't see the Giants resigning Rivers or Blackburn and cutting Boley so that leaves them with Kiwi (whom may get some push at DE/DT), Herzlich, Paysinger, and Williams. So getting 2 LBs in this draft is quite possible.
    We've drafted a LBer once in the first three rounds under Reese, and that guy turned out to be a bust (Simtin). History dictates that Reese doesn't value the position as much as the other defensive positions.

Also I doubt we cut Boley and Blackburn. Boley has been decent to great and Blackburn is cheap and solid (even as depth). Rivers was a non-starter anyway, but he'd be cheap to re-sign (whether we do or not is a different story).

P.S. - I'd LIKE to see us sign a stud LB (or two) .... I just don't see the Giants going that direction.

+ Reply to Thread