+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tape on herz?

Hybrid View

tape on herz?

Anyone who cuts game tape have anything on herzlich? I noticed an increase in playing time at the end of the season but was unable to truly watch his individual play. Any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    Anyone who cuts game tape have anything on herzlich? I noticed an increase in playing time at the end of the season but was unable to truly watch his individual play. Any help would be great
    I don't have any tape, but I reviewed many of his plays while rewatching games. In a nutshell, he frequently is half a step slow, and when he is in position to make a tackle he doesn't make the tackle. RB's easily break free of what amounts to arm tackle attempts because he is a step slow. He is not a starting MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    I don't have any tape, but I reviewed many of his plays while rewatching games. In a nutshell, he frequently is half a step slow, and when he is in position to make a tackle he doesn't make the tackle. RB's easily break free of what amounts to arm tackle attempts because he is a step slow. He is not a starting MLB.
    Would the half step slow and missed tackles be attributed to his lack of game reps/ experience or more to his overall skill set? Just curious how he will be handled next year. Thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    Would the half step slow and missed tackles be attributed to his lack of game reps/ experience or more to his overall skill set? Just curious how he will be handled next year. Thanks bud
    Overall athletic ability. He just isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Overall athletic ability. He just isn't good enough.
    Gotcha thanks for the input

I'll save you the time - he was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'll save you the time - he was awful.
    LOL - Agree
    "Release the Kraken!"

- Dan Dierdorf, Giants vs Dolphins, 10/30/2011

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    herzlich a real fish out of water

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'll save you the time - hes a young player still getting back to his form pre cancer.
    fixed. i aint giving up on herz either fwiw...i believe theres a chance he could be a solid player. he has the needed lateral movement to get into coverage, its just he often is in the wrong spot. he'll get there imo