+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tape on herz?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I'll save you the time - hes a young player still getting back to his form pre cancer.
    fixed. i aint giving up on herz either fwiw...i believe theres a chance he could be a solid player. he has the needed lateral movement to get into coverage, its just he often is in the wrong spot. he'll get there imo

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    lets put it this way...many think Chase Blackburn is below average...Herz has shown less then Chase....
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that has been seeing the same thing. We need someone new in the middle!

Patience with Herz, MLB is a hard position to play.. I think he can get the job done.

Antrel asks fans to "please stick with us" and when it's over "we'll all celebrate together."

We need to bite the bullet and draft an early LB. Ogletree!

I've said it in other threads but Herzlich is the second coming of Blackburn, athletically. Ultimately he is 4 years fresher than Blackburn but lacks the experience in comparison. He could be just as good of a starter as Blackburn but needs to see the field.

Despite that, giants need to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    fixed. i aint giving up on herz either fwiw...i believe theres a chance he could be a solid player. he has the needed lateral movement to get into coverage, its just he often is in the wrong spot. he'll get there imo
    I hate this argument. You are predicting the guy have incredible advances in his athleticism. What have you seem to indicate that to be true?

The argument that he once had it so he will get it back is just nonsense. That's like saying if ray Lewis gives it time he can go back into being the 22 year old force he once was. It just doesn't work that way.

If herzlich now looked far more athletic than he did at the senior bowl or combine maybe you would have an argument. But he looks exactly the same. That was two years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I hate this argument. You are predicting the guy have incredible advances in his athleticism. What have you seem to indicate that to be true?

The argument that he once had it so he will get it back is just nonsense. That's like saying if ray Lewis gives it time he can go back into being the 22 year old force he once was. It just doesn't work that way.

If herzlich now looked far more athletic than he did at the senior bowl or combine maybe you would have an argument. But he looks exactly the same. That was two years ago now.
    i can see u hate it but u attribute it incorrectly here. im not arguing that at all. im merely stating a legitimate claim. herz is still a young player trying to get back to form pre cancer. that doesnt mean he will or wont succeed. imo, i think he can get there but by no means am i pretending like its fact or that "he will have incredible advances..." musta sleep typed that bc i cant find where i claimed that anywhere.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    lets put it this way...many think Chase Blackburn is below average
    Which is ridiculous.

Veteran
    Very simply, he doesn't appear to have fully recovered from the cancer that he suffered from.
    He's an amazing kid, and seems to have tremendous desire, but he doesn't have the explosiveness and speed that he had his Junior year at BC when he was already projected to be a late 1st round pick.

It's really a shame. Cancer sucks.

Herzlich stinks.

+ Reply to Thread