+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense Defense Defense!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    What is the giants top priority in your opinion?

And are you ok with using the same guys next year at the DE position as they had this year? Minus Osi?

Giants were 22nd in the league in sacks. Subtract the 6 from Osi and they were 30th...
    DT, CB, LB. I still think the Giants are going to try and get through another year by bringing Kiwi down full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahh View Post
    DT, CB, LB. I still think the Giants are going to try and get through another year by bringing Kiwi down full time.
    and than be even in a deeper hole in 2014 with them all another year older and Tuck a FA. Picking a DE is more about 2014 to me I think the Giants are in trouble next season. They need to make a fresh start on Defense now. Waiting and drafting peripheral pieces like LB may make them better in 2013 but will only further weaken the team down the line when they have no Defensive front.Pass Rusher and CB anything other than that early is a very bad mistake. Giants screwed up last year they had guys like Hayward ,Wagner, Glenn sitting in front of them and they chose to go with a split time RB. I think the 2012 draft set this team back. They did nothing to improve the foundation of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    and than be even in a deeper hole in 2014 with them all another year older and Tuck a FA. Picking a DE is more about 2014 to me I think the Giants are in trouble next season. They need to make a fresh start on Defense now. Waiting and drafting peripheral pieces like LB may make them better in 2013 but will only further weaken the team down the line when they have no Defensive front.Pass Rusher and CB anything other than that early is a very bad mistake. Giants screwed up last year they had guys like Hayward ,Wagner, Glenn sitting in front of them and they chose to go with a split time RB. I think the 2012 draft set this team back. They did nothing to improve the foundation of the team.
    I'd be curious to see what pass rushers are hitting free agency over the next couple of years.

I think DE is the #1 priority out of this draft.

Replacing Osi with Kiwi is a wash (one's better at rushing and one's better against the run) and at this point you have to assume Tuck is going to be more invisible than visible (judging by the past two years). Ojomo and Tracy are both untried and in what limited snaps they've gotten in regular season games, they haven't made that eye popping move to motivate the coaches to put them in more (and this was with our starters being anemic all year long).

We have our two starting CBs (three for Nickle packages). We'll need depth there with T2 probably not being back and CWeb being questionable (ability wise). This is the #2 priority.

The next priority (for me) would be offensive line. However a lot of fans will say LBer. Historically (under Reese) both of these areas have been treated by throwing quantity at the positions and see what sticks. I also have huge questions about the DT position. If the Giants coaching staff have the same questions, don't be surprised to see a DT taken here.

Picks 4-7 will most likely be a combination of LBers and OL imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I think DE is the #1 priority out of this draft.

Replacing Osi with Kiwi is a wash (one's better at rushing and one's better against the run) and at this point you have to assume Tuck is going to be more invisible than visible (judging by the past two years). Ojomo and Tracy are both untried and in what limited snaps they've gotten in regular season games, they haven't made that eye popping move to motivate the coaches to put them in more (and this was with our starters being anemic all year long).

We have our two starting CBs (three for Nickle packages). We'll need depth there with T2 probably not being back and CWeb being questionable (ability wise). This is the #2 priority.

The next priority (for me) would be offensive line. However a lot of fans will say LBer. Historically (under Reese) both of these areas have been treated by throwing quantity at the positions and see what sticks. I also have huge questions about the DT position. If the Giants coaching staff have the same questions, don't be surprised to see a DT taken here.

Picks 4-7 will most likely be a combination of LBers and OL imo.
    Giants could another DT but with the other needs though im pretty convinced u have to give Austin 1 more shot.

+ Reply to Thread