+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legit Reason I miss Shockey

One Legit Reason I miss Shockey

I don't miss Shockey. He was a pin in the arss

BUT.........

If you ask me, this team could use some fire, personality and a a bit of attitude on offense...other then Bradshaw the offense is comprised of a multitude of laid back personalities. I love Eli, Cruz, Nicks and Snee and their unhurried demeanor is also a great quality and attribute. I just feel that you need to balance that "relaxed" with some more hungry/vocal presence.

-JD

It's true for both sides of the ball

That's not a legit reason. Shockey wasn't just a rah-rah fiery guy. He was a tumor who whined and complained and then went out and dropped balls and laughed it off.

the team needs the right kind of attitude.

it's the attitude of "get in line, do your job on and off the field, or you're letting us all down and we don't need you here".

i don't think that was shockey's attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    That's not a legit reason. Shockey wasn't just a rah-rah fiery guy. He was a tumor who whined and complained and then went out and dropped balls and laughed it off.
    when shockey left i watched alot (well, like 6) Saints games to see what shockey was like with what everyone considered as a much better QB than Eli.

Brees damn near killed shockey that year. Never saw a QB yell at a receiver so much in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    when shockey left i watched alot (well, like 6) Saints games to see what shockey was like with what everyone considered as a much better QB than Eli.

Brees damn near killed shockey that year. Never saw a QB yell at a receiver so much in my life.
    I seem to remember Brees grabbing him by his facemask and yelling at him at one point.

I seem to remember Brees grabbing him by his facemask and yelling at him at one point.
    LOL

at one point times 100.

+1

I think you guys missed the point of his post. He said he was a pain in the *** but liked his fired up mentality. He showed emotion on the field. He is not saying he misses the guy justs wants more passion and positive emotion from the guys we have...right?

Veteran
    for sure - while we won with a an even keeled Eli (who most said never had an ounce of leadership in him) what we really need is a blowhard who cant keep his emotions in check in an extremely emotional game. Emotion is overrated - playing the game well is not.

+ Reply to Thread