+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: One Legit Reason I miss Shockey

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    That's not a legit reason. Shockey wasn't just a rah-rah fiery guy. He was a tumor who whined and complained and then went out and dropped balls and laughed it off.
    Caused dumb penalties and laughed about that too.

  2. #32
    Shockey was a cancer in the huddle... so while he got fired up on the field, it was his down side that led to his ticket out of town.

  3. #33
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Shockey is like a little kid on sugar playing football amongst his friends.

  4. #34
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,885
    The thing about Shockey was he loved to play the game. you got guys like tuck and eli , they look as if they can't wait for the offseason to come so they can relax and sit in a pool drinking beer.

    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    The thing about Shockey was he loved to play the game. you got guys like tuck and eli , they look as if they can't wait for the offseason to come so they can relax and sit in a pool drinking beer.

    You are more full of crap than the Christmas turkey...but entertaining, I have to give you that. Why is it so much fun for you to jerk our chains like this. (yes, I admit I am being reeled in by the master...but you have no idea how many times I have ignored and it was so hard)

    Will you ever stop?

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,885
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    You are more full of crap than the Christmas turkey...but entertaining, I have to give you that. Why is it so much fun for you to jerk our chains like this. (yes, I admit I am being reeled in by the master...but you have no idea how many times I have ignored and it was so hard)

    Will you ever stop?
    you do not want me to stop, you secretly love the banter. Now i know Shockey loved to party too, but you can see the difference in body language of guys that truly love the game. Shockey had a real passion for football.

  7. #37
    whether you liked Shockey or not we haven't had the fire he brought to the team since he left.

  8. #38
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,285
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    whether you liked Shockey or not we haven't had the fire he brought to the team since he left.
    We've won two SB's without his fire.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSherrard View Post
    I don't miss Shockey. He was a pin in the arss

    BUT.........

    If you ask me, this team could use some fire, personality and a a bit of attitude on offense...other then Bradshaw the offense is comprised of a multitude of laid back personalities. I love Eli, Cruz, Nicks and Snee and their unhurried demeanor is also a great quality and attribute. I just feel that you need to balance that "relaxed" with some more hungry/vocal presence.

    -JD
    Shockey wasn't fiery, he was only loud and animated when he was ticked off about not getting the ball! Shockey didnt play for the team he played for himself which is why he is already out of football after what amounts to a very forgettable career!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts