+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One Legit Reason I miss Shockey

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I think you guys missed the point of his post. He said he was a pain in the *** but liked his fired up mentality. He showed emotion on the field. He is not saying he misses the guy justs wants more passion and positive emotion from the guys we have...right?
    No I think the OP wanted everyone on the team to be jackasses

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Banned
    True but I also thought Burress brought toughness to the team. We won a Superbowl with Plax and Boss, Shockey was up in the booth with a broken leg. Shockey was the spark we needed for the Fassel Giants but Plax was the spark for the early Coughlin Giants. It's obvious by how we fell flat on our faces in 08 after he shot himself.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 01-09-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Veteran
    That was due to the production of a very good receiver, not spark or emotion - he was eli's Number one and once he lost that eli lost his best security blanket and really didnt have the time to adjust to the lesser weapons.

Banned
    Plax brought attitude to our receiving corps. Toomer and Hilliard were humble guys all those years. What Plax did in the NFC Championship game was a thing of beauty. He wasn't afraid to run down the field and block whoever neither.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    That was due to the production of a very good receiver, not spark or emotion - he was eli's Number one and once he lost that eli lost his best security blanket and really didnt have the time to adjust to the lesser weapons.
    How about that comeback against Philly a few years back? Who caught the winning pass and yelled into the crowd? We use to own Philly when Plax was here.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    I think you guys missed the point of his post. He said he was a pain in the *** but liked his fired up mentality. He showed emotion on the field. He is not saying he misses the guy justs wants more passion and positive emotion from the guys we have...right?
    Yeah but he showed the wrong emotion. Throwing a mini tantrum everytime you don't get the ball isn't helpful. Especially when you get a chance and drop it.

*edit- Actually I'll give the OP and you this... In his first couple years here, I'd take that Shockey, hands down. But definitely not the guy he turned into.
    Last edited by M00KIE; 01-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.

I miss the passion but not the immaturity.

Shockey walked it like he talked it though ... the only reason I have even a little bit of respect for him.

the team has taken on the laid back "easy"personality of its QB.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    the team has taken on the laid back "easy"personality of its QB.
    They've also taken 2 rings home with them...

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    They've also taken 2 rings home with them...
    agreed, it pays off to keep cool espcially during the fourth qtr. but it is a double edged sword, when down big there is this lack of urgency.
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

+ Reply to Thread