+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: Best College Football Team vs Worst NFL Team

  1. #31
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,154
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I think Amari Cooper could make some plays against the Raiders defensive backs. 10 in the box would be overkill and I'm sure Saban would exploit that match-up any day of the week. All it takes is one bad angle by a Raiders defensive back and they surrender a huge play.
    Im just not going to argue anymore. Its complete insanity to think that a true freshman is going to work over NFL CBs.

  2. #32
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't know about that. Chiefs, Jaguars, Cardinals are horrible at attacking through the air. Cards would probably win just because of their defense but I don't see how the Raiders would get off the field against Alabama's ground game. Considering Alabama is on the verge of building the best "college dynasty" in history, it's actually a valid discussion to wonder how they would do against the bottom 5 teams. Anything outside of that though and I'd predict Alabama loses handily.
    A team like the Jaguars would beat the crap out of them physically. Not to mention having all the experience.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    A team like the Jaguars would beat the crap out of them physically. Not to mention having all the experience.
    I already said that the Jaguars defense is really good and would most likely contain Alabama. Oakland would be their best match-up in the NFL.

  4. #34
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,121
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I already said that the Jaguars defense is really good and would most likely contain Alabama. Oakland would be their best match-up in the NFL.
    And they would still dominate the hell out of Alabama.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And they would still dominate the hell out of Alabama.
    Based on...?

  6. #36
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,121
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Based on...?
    Common sense.

  7. #37
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I already said that the Jaguars defense is really good and would most likely contain Alabama. Oakland would be their best match-up in the NFL.
    Fine, substitute the Raiders in your little scenario and it would be the same result: where the college team gets crushed.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Common sense.
    If you say so. I just don't get the faith in the Oakland defense that you guys have. Considering the last NFL/College game was 82 years ago, all we can argue is based on hypothetical situations.

  9. #39
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,121
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If you say so. I just don't get the faith in the Oakland defense that you guys have. Considering the last NFL/College game was 82 years ago, all we can argue is based on hypothetical situations.
    Yeah, and that was when the NFL was considered inferior to college football. Do you really think things will have suddenly shifted towards college football?

  10. #40
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy01 View Post
    I know this topic has been mentioned over and over and people say how the best college team has no chance at beating the worst NFL Team. And you have guys like Mike Golic said it wouldn't even be close. They mentioned how if Alabama faced Jacksonville on a neutral field it was something like Jags -24 as the spread the Jaguars would blow out the Tide.


    I always hear stuff like of course the NFL Team will win because they have 53 NFL players as the best college team only has maybe 10-11 max and they would never get more than x amount in the 1st round. And also how most of the players on alabama won't even play in the nfl.


    This is where I get confused. NFL teams draft the best college players starting in the 1st round etc. However, how many players get drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and become decent nfl players. I could name quite a few. Then you have some nfl players who never got drafted and right now are pretty good such as Victor Cruz who played for UMass yet was never drafted. I mean, how did that happen. Then there are a few guys in the NFL who NEVER played college football.The biggest argument is that nfl players are must stronger and faster than the best college football players. I agree that is true but what about the bottom of the nfl players. People say how even the guys on the practice squad are all good. Yeah thats true but are you guys saying those players would be better than the top players from Alabama? You telling me you rather have a guy drafted in the 5th round from Samford as oppose to a player that is going to be drafted in the 1st round from alabama? The other thing is the great player from Samford probably didn't even play against any tough competition like how a player from Alabama plays against SEC competition. Also, does anyone here agree there are some players in the NFL that shouldn' even be in the NFL?



    When people talk about how nfl players are much bigger than college players etc and faster. Ummm... they did an article and Alabama's offensive and defensive lines are BIGGER than the Jaguars and the chiefs. So what does that mean then? Also, people talk about how some college players who are very good won't be good at the nfl level because they are too short etc. I kind of laugh when people say he's too short at LB because he's only 6'1. Ummm... isn't Ray Lewis 6'1? Then you hear stuff like some good CB will have hard time to adjust in the nfl level because they are 5-9 to 5-10 and too short. Isn't Brandon Flowers from the chiefs 5'9 only and all pro CB? So isn't he going to have a tough time guarding a 6'2 WR from alabama then because he's 5 inches shorter? I hear so much about how they say certain college players are too short etc and they are not the prototype nfl player such as 6'4-6-5 for a QB, 6'2 for a WR, 6'5 for TE, 6'6 for an offensive linemen and 6'5 for defensive linemen, 6'0 for a CB etc... but in reality isn't it true about half of the starters in the NFL are that prototype?


    Also, people say Alabama won't even cross the 50 yard line. Anyone here think this is just exaggeration? I mean, shutting out a team like Alabama would be very tough because you can't make any mistake and that includes special teams. I mean, you going to tell me if the Jaguars or Chiefs play an offensive powerhouse like Oregon, Oregon won't score more than 7 points?



    When you look at the Jaguars. Are you telling me you rather have a guy that was a star in college that isn't that good like southern miss or arizona vs a player from Alabama?
    The games are vastly different. The biggest adjustment rookies make is how fast the NFL game is. NFL is just a more sophisticated product all the way around. The defensive and offensive schemes are more complex. Skilled position players hold more responsibilities. The players are bigger and stronger. It would be a blow out and no they wouldn't make it to the 50 many times.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts