+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best College Football Team vs Worst NFL Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fan For 45 yrs View Post
    Years ago the NFL pre-season began with the NFL champ agains a group of College all- stars. Once in a while the college kids would win but the Pros would win almost every year. I understand it was a championship team against all stars but almost any pro team would destroy any college team 8-9 times out of 10.
    Never heard of this until now and it's interesting to actually look at the results from all of these games. The last competitive game was the 1974 Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers going against the College All-Stars in 1975. The Steelers won by 21-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, they wouldn't. The pro players would be that much better then. Any rule change that might help the college players would only help the pros more.
    I specified college rules so as not to penalize college players, not to give them an advantage. Pro rules would unfairly handicap college players.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Never heard of this until now and it's interesting to actually look at the results from all of these games. The last competitive game was the 1974 Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers going against the College All-Stars in 1975. The Steelers won by 21-14.
    And we know how hard pro players play in exhibition games.

And we know how hard pro players play in exhibition games.
    Do you have a source that specifies how much effort they put into the game?

Do you have a source that specifies how much effort they put into the game?
    Perhaps an unfair comparison between today's athletes compared to those of yesteryear, but c'mon, you've seen the Pro Bowl and preseason games, no?

Perhaps an unfair comparison between today's athletes compared to those of yesteryear, but c'mon, you've seen the Pro Bowl and preseason games, no?
    No I'll admit it's quite possible since the games were for charity that they weren't exactly full of 100% effort but I'd say this game is more credible than the 1930 game you cited.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    I don't know about that. Chiefs, Jaguars, Cardinals are horrible at attacking through the air. Cards would probably win just because of their defense but I don't see how the Raiders would get off the field against Alabama's ground game. Considering Alabama is on the verge of building the best "college dynasty" in history, it's actually a valid discussion to wonder how they would do against the bottom 5 teams. Anything outside of that though and I'd predict Alabama loses handily.
    Alabama would get murdered in all facets of the game by any NFL team.
    Lowest score would be about
    NFL team 56
    Alabama 0

This isn't even up for debate really...
    Last edited by Giants5699; 01-08-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    No, they wouldn't. The pro players would be that much better then. Any rule change that might help the college players would only help the pros more.
    The worst O-line and D-line in the NFL is better than the best college team's o-line and d-line. Richard Seymore would have a field day against Bama. So would Carson Palmer as he would have 10 minutes to throw on each play. Darren McFadden would probably put up 200+ yards. Hell, every receiver on Oakland is exponentially better than the Bama's corners. Oakland 105 Bama 0

The Cardinals strategy would be "throw it to Fitz on every play". He will catch 9 out of 10 balls against any college CB, and the Cardinals O-line is better than any college D-line. Same with all of the other receivers on Arizona. Arizona 70 Bama 0

The Browns would simply put in McCoy or Weeden who have talent around them that is equal or better to what they had in college, though the defense would overwhelm Bama on all levels. Cleveland 56 Bama 0

Alabama would get blown out by the 01 Hurricanes or the 04 Trojans and most assuredly would get destroyed by the Chiefs. That team doesn't even know how to throw the football and they do not play a good pass defense. They are dominating their level of competition simply because they're bigger, faster and stronger than most but that doesn't matter in the nfl where everyone is big fast and strong and playing in pro style schemes light years ahead of Sabans faux pro defenses. There's a reason Saban couldn't handle the NFL.

+ Reply to Thread