+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. #41
    Years ago the NFL pre-season began with the NFL champ agains a group of College all- stars. Once in a while the college kids would win but the Pros would win almost every year. I understand it was a championship team against all stars but almost any pro team would destroy any college team 8-9 times out of 10.

  2. #42
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If you say so. I just don't get the faith in the Oakland defense that you guys have. Considering the last NFL/College game was 82 years ago, all we can argue is based on hypothetical situations.
    It's pretty obvious dude.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah, and that was when the NFL was considered inferior to college football. Do you really think things will have suddenly shifted towards college football?
    Just to be clear in the event there is any confusion: Alabama is the ONLY team I would even entertain to have a chance against an NFL team. Oregon's spread offense is cute and all but their defense would get demolished. I've also mentioned that NFL rules wouldn't give Alabama a chance either because of how defensive back/receiver play works versus college. Using college rules and one of the best college teams in recent years against arguably one of the worst NFL teams...I think it would be a lot closer than you guys expect.

  4. #44
    Just loooked it up/ It was a series that was played from the mid 1930's till 1975. The pros went 31-9. They played the game at Soldier's Field in Chicago at the start of each year

  5. #45
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,812
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im just not going to argue anymore. Its complete insanity to think that a true freshman is going to work over NFL CBs.
    I'm with you Slip. The average receiver takes 3 years to fully adjust to the NFL game, coming out of college.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan For 45 yrs View Post
    Just loooked it up/ It was a series that was played from the mid 1930's till 1975. The pros went 31-9. They played the game at Soldier's Field in Chicago at the start of each year
    Against one's natural intuition, and maybe even against normal logic, it's "Soldier Field", not "Soldier's Field".

  7. #47
    'Bama gets blown out. Just use your brain. First of all saying 'Bama has "NFL level talent across the board" is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Likely a minority of this whole team even plays for any length of time in the NFL. Second of all, the WORST NFL talent across the board is easily as good as the average college player. Yes there are exceptions....but name about 53 other Victor Cruz type players out there. Bet you can't. The difference between a 20 year old LB and a 30 year old LB who has been lifting and playing for years in the NFL is the difference between a RB being tackled and one being crippled. I don't think this should even be a discussion.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Just to be clear in the event there is any confusion: Alabama is the ONLY team I would even entertain to have a chance against an NFL team. Oregon's spread offense is cute and all but their defense would get demolished. I've also mentioned that NFL rules wouldn't give Alabama a chance either because of how defensive back/receiver play works versus college. Using college rules and one of the best college teams in recent years against arguably one of the worst NFL teams...I think it would be a lot closer than you guys expect.
    Enigma makes an important point. Most of the time it would be no contest, but the situation here is an unusual one. The law of averages can't be relied on to gurarantee an Oakland victory. Playing under college rules, a college team this unusually good just might beat a pro team this bad.

  9. #49
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,227
    NFL players have been training for years and years. They are experienced and the game is much MUCH faster, and much more complex. You really think Bama is going to fool an NFL team? lol.

  10. #50
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Astorian View Post
    Enigma makes an important point. Most of the time it would be no contest, but the situation here is an unusual one. The law of averages can't be relied on to gurarantee an Oakland victory. Playing under college rules, a college team this unusually good just might beat a pro team this bad.
    No, they wouldn't. The pro players would be that much better then. Any rule change that might help the college players would only help the pros more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts