View Poll Results: Will matt ryan be considered better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he still needs to do more

24 60.00%
  • Yes, he is more consistent

3 7.50%
  • He will be considered just as good

13 32.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

If the elite Quarterbacks are considered to be the Top 5 Qb's in todays NFL, then public perception ranks Eli at number 5. however, Ever since Matt ryan has entered the NFL for the exception of 2009 he has steadily improved. The only knock on him is that he has yet to win in the playoffs.

Is it possible that matt ryan may be considered among the elites if he is able to win it all this year? if not, do you think public perception will start considering him to be better than ELi? If Eli has another down year, will the NFL along with the fans start to feel that Matt ryan is the better guy? Do you think Matt ryan will be better when their careers are over?

If so, then why? If not then explain.

I thought about this a couple weeks ago and im curious to how you guys feel.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-08-2013 at 06:43 PM.

This will not end well.

I'm not sure Eli is that high after this season. I still don't like "elite" as it's not a status that anyone has quantified except to say so and so is elite.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure Eli is that high after this season. I still don't like "elite" as it's not a status that anyone has quantified except to say so and so is elite.

Good point. I cant help but wonder how the players will rank matt on the top 100 after this season, and im curious as to who will be ranked higher between him and Eli. Especially if Matt is able to get a ring.

Threaten his spot? Nope

Enter the Eli and Big Ben tier? Probably

If he can put up a solid performance against the Seahawks, 49ers, and Broncos (all solid D's), he'll gain a ton of respect to be considered in those conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Good point. I cant help but wonder how the players will rank matt on the top 100 after this season, and im curious as to who will be ranked higher between him and Eli. Especially if Matt is able to get a ring.
    One thing Eli has that Ryan won't is the harsh glare of the New York media.. It almost makes it unfair to compare
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Eli really didn't have a down year. Now his year wasn't better than his second Superbowl year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Eli really didn't have a down year. Now his year wasn't better than his second Superbowl year though.
    He didn't have a down year?

It's not a "spot". Either a QB is good or they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    It's not a "spot". Either a QB is good or they're not.
    Yes, but there is still no quantifiable criteria by which anyone can make an objective call one way or the other.

+ Reply to Thread