View Poll Results: Will matt ryan be considered better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he still needs to do more

    24 60.00%
  • Yes, he is more consistent

    3 7.50%
  • He will be considered just as good

    13 32.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

  1. #61
    Sometimes people look at stats and consider it, end all be all. Eli was playing behind a terrible oline which forced our crippled rb to pass block on every pass attempt. Our no1 recievers was injured practically the entire year but played anyway. He was easily blanketed which allowed teams to double, triple cover Cruz. No other QB had to throw into tighter windows every game while getting hit. I don't know if it was redeye or ya tittle who said earlier in the year that he was making throws maybe 2 other qb's make. At one point we were scoring 30 points a gams and Eli was leading the league in passing yards. It all went downhill after his 200 yard streak ended in the 49's game. He actually played good in this game, 49's at the time were the no ranked pass defense and Eli had thrown for 176 yards at the half. Since we had a big lead and were running well, we ran the ball the entire 2nd half instead of trying to pad stats in a blow out. We had big leads in the Dallas and pit games too, but our coaches start playing to kill the clock in the second half which then hurts the passing numbers. Then you have the 2nd Washington game, Eli was close to 200 yards in the 1st half with a td could have had more if the coached didn't forces running plays. We need to build our line and use our healthy recievers and improve our play calling. TD passes are overrated, when teams go in they try to pass first, with the exception of the 2nd ph and NO games, we try to punch it in like parcells's giants. Lets add up Eli manning's td passes and giants rushing td' that were inside the 20 and compare them to td scored by other teams. He'll be right up there even with all the problems that we had.

  2. #62
    Veteran Giantz4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York State of Mind
    Posts
    3,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Sometimes people look at stats and consider it, end all be all. Eli was playing behind a terrible oline which forced our crippled rb to pass block on every pass attempt. Our no1 recievers was injured practically the entire year but played anyway. He was easily blanketed which allowed teams to double, triple cover Cruz. No other QB had to throw into tighter windows every game while getting hit. I don't know if it was redeye or ya tittle who said earlier in the year that he was making throws maybe 2 other qb's make. At one point we were scoring 30 points a gams and Eli was leading the league in passing yards. It all went downhill after his 200 yard streak ended in the 49's game. He actually played good in this game, 49's at the time were the no ranked pass defense and Eli had thrown for 176 yards at the half. Since we had a big lead and were running well, we ran the ball the entire 2nd half instead of trying to pad stats in a blow out. We had big leads in the Dallas and pit games too, but our coaches start playing to kill the clock in the second half which then hurts the passing numbers. Then you have the 2nd Washington game, Eli was close to 200 yards in the 1st half with a td could have had more if the coached didn't forces running plays. We need to build our line and use our healthy recievers and improve our play calling. TD passes are overrated, when teams go in they try to pass first, with the exception of the 2nd ph and NO games, we try to punch it in like parcells's giants. Lets add up Eli manning's td passes and giants rushing td' that were inside the 20 and compare them to td scored by other teams. He'll be right up there even with all the problems that we had.
    Dude, can't you just admit that you are 420? lol it's painfully obvious the way you write/type. Your writing styles are exactly the same the only difference is you make an attempt to capitalize and use punctuation with DarkSaint.

    Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

  3. #63
    Let me just spell it out........I don't see the Falcons winning the SB this year.....so no threat anyway.

  4. #64
    Veteran ELI_HOF_NYG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    allentown,pa
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not sure Eli is that high after this season. I still don't like "elite" as it's not a status that anyone has quantified except to say so and so is elite.
    elite status to me is what you do in the playoffs,,regular season stats are fine and dandy,,but ask marino if he would trade that all for just one ring.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    Dude, can't you just admit that you are 420? lol it's painfully obvious the way you write/type. Your writing styles are exactly the same the only difference is you make an attempt to capitalize and use punctuation with DarkSaint.
    This is getting old. Don't you mean our opinions are similar instead?

  6. #66
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    44,053
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Meh. The entire ELIte thing is because of the E-L-I. If we were to actually get technical about it, there are only 2-3 actual ELIte QBs in NFL and as of right now, Eli Manning is not one of them. They would be Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Now, if we were writing about ELIte post season QBs, Eli Manning is in that discussion. Of course this can all chancge next year in regard to overall ELIteness.

    I couldn’t care less if Matt Ryan or anyone else is ranked higher or lower than Eli Manning. All I am concerned with is Eli Manning stepping it up and getting This Team back on track next season.

    Matt Ryan not winning a Ring this year. Tom Brady is not gonna be denied this time.
    Who are you and what have you done with Buffy?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who are you?
    Take a good guess

  8. #68
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    5,988
    You can't spell Eli without Elite

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Sometimes people look at stats and consider it, end all be all. Eli was playing behind a terrible oline which forced our crippled rb to pass block on every pass attempt. Our no1 recievers was injured practically the entire year but played anyway. He was easily blanketed which allowed teams to double, triple cover Cruz. No other QB had to throw into tighter windows every game while getting hit. I don't know if it was redeye or ya tittle who said earlier in the year that he was making throws maybe 2 other qb's make. At one point we were scoring 30 points a gams and Eli was leading the league in passing yards. It all went downhill after his 200 yard streak ended in the 49's game. He actually played good in this game, 49's at the time were the no ranked pass defense and Eli had thrown for 176 yards at the half. Since we had a big lead and were running well, we ran the ball the entire 2nd half instead of trying to pad stats in a blow out. We had big leads in the Dallas and pit games too, but our coaches start playing to kill the clock in the second half which then hurts the passing numbers. Then you have the 2nd Washington game, Eli was close to 200 yards in the 1st half with a td could have had more if the coached didn't forces running plays. We need to build our line and use our healthy recievers and improve our play calling. TD passes are overrated, when teams go in they try to pass first, with the exception of the 2nd ph and NO games, we try to punch it in like parcells's giants. Lets add up Eli manning's td passes and giants rushing td' that were inside the 20 and compare them to td scored by other teams. He'll be right up there even with all the problems that we had.

    i was looking at the whole picture. not just this year but the last 5 years. matt has been improving steadily.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    elite status to me is what you do in the playoffs,,regular season stats are fine and dandy,,but ask marino if he would trade that all for just one ring.
    trade the hall of fame for a super bowl ring?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts