View Poll Results: Will matt ryan be considered better?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, he still needs to do more

24 60.00%
  • Yes, he is more consistent

3 7.50%
  • He will be considered just as good

13 32.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: If Matt Ryan wins a ring this year, will he be threatening Eli's Elite spot?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Buffy?
    I am right here buddy. Lol.......

I think that what folks are failing to see about this past season is that with all the issues we had with our OC, DC, players not panning out, injuries, dropped passes, etc......etc......., that we still could have made it to the playoffs if Eli Manning had stepped up and he didn't, not in 2012. ELIte QBs step up in those situations when the rest of their team is not performing and the ELIte QBs make his teammates play better. Eli Manning did this in 2011, the 2007 playoff run and at other times throughout his career. However, he has not been consistent with that. I was hoping that we would have the Eli of 2011 but we didn't this past season and that is the main reason that we didn't make the playoffs. Whatever our problems were, we were still very close and Eli Manning is our leader and we praise him when we win but we also need to take account of when we don't win because of him. Eli is how this team goes. He is how this team will go for at least the next 5-7 years.

If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte post season QB then fine. If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte SuperBowl QB then fine. If someone were to say that when Eli is on he is one of the best then fine. However, if we are going to call Eli an overall ELIte QB then we need that guy from 2011 back. This team needs that guy from 2011 back and I think it is possible.

As everyone knows, Eli is my favorite NY Giant and I know we will have a lot of exciting football from him for years to come and if the 2011 Eli doesn't come back and we keep the 2012 version then hey, I am fine with that too. It just means that we will constantly fight to make the playoffs but when we do, we know we can trust Eli to really step it up and that means a lot.

I have faith that ELIte Eli from 2011 will be coming back to lead this team in 2013.

I bELIeve.

I can't stand Ryan. Can't stand the Falcons. I hope they get blown up this weekend.

Starter
    Where is the option for who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    Where is the option for who cares?
    Its called..Not posting in this thread.
    You have failed.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    the 3 best qbs in the nfl dont play in a dome. i dont think its a huge factor.
    no i agree.. elite qbs are elite everywhere.. but i think domes make normal to good qbs better.. for example brees that plays like 40% better in the dome than outside.. and so does matt ryan..

Starter
    who gives a Da@# what people think about "Elite" status? Opinions are like noses, everyone has one and they all smell. The bottom line is winning, losing and Championships. Piss on writers and fans and ignorant players opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I am right here buddy. Lol.......

I think that what folks are failing to see about this past season is that with all the issues we had with our OC, DC, players not panning out, injuries, dropped passes, etc......etc......., that we still could have made it to the playoffs if Eli Manning had stepped up and he didn't, not in 2012. ELIte QBs step up in those situations when the rest of their team is not performing and the ELIte QBs make his teammates play better. Eli Manning did this in 2011, the 2007 playoff run and at other times throughout his career. However, he has not been consistent with that. I was hoping that we would have the Eli of 2011 but we didn't this past season and that is the main reason that we didn't make the playoffs. Whatever our problems were, we were still very close and Eli Manning is our leader and we praise him when we win but we also need to take account of when we don't win because of him. Eli is how this team goes. He is how this team will go for at least the next 5-7 years.

If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte post season QB then fine. If someone were to say that Eli is an ELIte SuperBowl QB then fine. If someone were to say that when Eli is on he is one of the best then fine. However, if we are going to call Eli an overall ELIte QB then we need that guy from 2011 back. This team needs that guy from 2011 back and I think it is possible.

As everyone knows, Eli is my favorite NY Giant and I know we will have a lot of exciting football from him for years to come and if the 2011 Eli doesn't come back and we keep the 2012 version then hey, I am fine with that too. It just means that we will constantly fight to make the playoffs but when we do, we know we can trust Eli to really step it up and that means a lot.

I have faith that ELIte Eli from 2011 will be coming back to lead this team in 2013.

I bELIeve.
    Great post.

Here's my list of QB's I would take over Eli Manning right now (Not saying that all are better, but who I would take going forward because of their skill set and potential):

Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Big Ben
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Ryan
    Cam Newton
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by rEaS View Post
    no i agree.. elite qbs are elite everywhere.. but i think domes make normal to good qbs better.. for example brees that plays like 40% better in the dome than outside.. and so does matt ryan..
    Do you think its mainly the dome, (not saying it isnt) or that they just play better at home? the sea hawks is another team that plays really good at home.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Here's my list of QB's I would take over Eli Manning right now (Not saying that all are better, but who I would take going forward because of their skill set and potential):

Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Big Ben
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Ryan
    Cam Newton
    i could understand your reasoning behind all of those choices except for cam lol.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

+ Reply to Thread