+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rob Ryan Fired

Rob Ryan Fired

MODS: Please delete. Already posted in General Sports.
    Last edited by P_Simms_#11; 01-08-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Wow, I hate the cowboys with a passion, but that was probably one of the dumbest things they could have ever done. That defense was decimated by injuries and he found a way to still make it a formidable group. I don't care what anyone says, if they hadn't lost Sean Lee and a few others, that defense would have been pretty damn scary.

Amazing how they stick with Garrett and Romo and get rid of the one person who actually did a decent job.

I think this was just as dumb as whent he Eagles fired their DC for their offensive issues.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

This is one of those head scratching moves that makes me want to retract my '2013 will be a good year for the cowboys' outlook. One of the only coaches to do a halfway decent job and was actually hindered by devastating injuries for much of the season (No starting NT, Safety, both ILBs, DE, Slot CB... lost quite a bit of depth too).

They HAVE to have a better candidate in their pocket already, or else... wtf?

yes it is head scratching that they fired Ryan who had the 14th ranked D in the NFL, but not as head scratching as the Giants NOT firing Perry Fewell who had the 30 ranked D!

Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Can we fire our DC & get Rob? He has the exact temperment the Giants D needs! Our Corners get burned deep for a TD & I see Fewell smiling. WTF!
    Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Prince would actually be a great corner for Rob's defense. But switching to a 3-4 takes away from what your best player, JPP, is best at. I think you have to build around JPP.

Ironically, I think you guys are a much better suitor for the guy we're trying to get now after dumping Rob: Monty Kiffin. KP, Rolle, and even Stevie Brown would probably excel like crazy in a Tampa 2.
    Crap if you get Monte Kiffin. Dude coached the best defense of the decade when Tampa won it all.

Banned
    kiffin is old. that worries me some

but thank god we got rid of ryan.

Update: Kiffin was obviously hired a week ago, but reports are Rod Marinelli (former Bears DC and Lions HC) is the new D Line coach.

+ Reply to Thread