+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

Cousins was a sitting duck against that Seattle pass-rush. With RG3 hobbling, the option offense turned out to be not quite as effective against that hungry Seahawks team.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    He got up, but it didn't look good. I understand this is the playoffs and you want to win the game, but not in expense to your franchise qb. My opinion Mike Shanahan has not looked out for the best interest for his young rookie qb.
    I agree. They should be thinking of the longevity of his career. Risking him for one Superbowl now, as opposed to the possibility of multiple appearances throughout the duration of his career...just wasn't good decision making.
    Adversity makes for a worthy adversary.

Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier
    Every time RG3 gets knocked out of a game, three #1 picks get knocked out of the game.

Like this tweet

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I don't understand. Aaron Rodgers runs all the time, but he is relatively healthy minus those few concussions he's received the a few years back.
    Because Rogers is a Great QB with mobility, not a running QB like RG3. He uses his legs to make plays here and there while RG3's whole offense is built around his running ability.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Because Rogers is a Great QB with mobility, not a running QB like RG3. He uses his legs to make plays here and there while RG3's whole offense is built around his running ability.
    But he's also a great pocket passer.
    Is it the system or is it him?

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    They will have to redesign the offense . The whole O is predicated on the threat of him running. The fakes dont work if he cant run

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    But he's also a great pocket passer.
    Is it the system or is it him?
    Idk really. Some people are just fragile... Vick, Ryan Mathews, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    Cousins was a sitting duck against that Seattle pass-rush. With RG3 hobbling, the option offense turned out to be not quite as effective against that hungry Seahawks team.

Yeah, that's what happens when you don't develop a pro offense and your college offense running QB gets hurt.

Although the offense wasn't going anywhere with Griffin in either, let's not pretend they were looking good offensively before Griffin got hurt because they didn't.

"Shanahan said that Griffin told him that he was “hurting but not injured” and said he could play at a high level if he remained in the game, something Shanahan said he felt the quarterback earned the right to do this season.*Shanahan also said that they wouldn’t have kept Griffin in the game if he felt it wasn’t in his “best interest” to continue playing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-keep-going/

Any athlete will tell you he/she can play hurt or injured. It's up to you as the coach to decide if it makes sense to keep him out there and risk more injury. This is your franchise QB. You can't take that risk.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It will be interesting to see of the NFL presses the case that the Dr. didn't OK him to rfeturn to play in the game he was hurt in
    Even if that does happen, is not like Roger Goodell can take away a first round pick that the Redskins don't have. At best, it'll be a fine to the team or the team cap. I highly doubt this will warrant any suspensions on the magnitude of the Saints. I do believe the NFL wants to market RG3 as the next great thing to happen to football, so there might be some vested interest involved.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 01-06-2013 at 10:18 PM.

+ Reply to Thread