+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

Griffin Convinced Shanahan He Could Stay In The Game

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Not good enough. A coach should have his players' best interests at heart. Of course the player is going to say he's fine - it's the playoffs, he wants to go back in.

It shouldn't be up to him.

This quote is telling:
    "I think everybody could see after the first quarter that he wasn't always exactly the same, but I got a lot of players that aren't exactly the same, there's not a lot of quarterbacks that are exactly time this time of year," Shanahan said. "But I still thought he could go in there and make the plays he was capable of making against an excellent defense."
    "Not exactly the same"? No ****.

When a player is limping along with a live ball, how on earth do you not pull the plug?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    When a player is limping along with a live ball, how on earth do you not pull the plug?
    Shanahanigans...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I prefer the way we approach these sisues. It's a medcial staff call.

Here you have a talented rookie who may well have lost one of the skills that got him hired. Hopefully he will not need surgery.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    The whole thing is so ridiculous to me.
    Playing through pain is one thing. Even playing through certain injury is another. But playing in a situation where a body part is just waiting to go at any given moment is just plain absurd.

Shanahan deserves full blame for whatever the outcome of this is. I don't really care if RG3 said he could go, most any athlete in the world would say that. It should have been blatantly obvious that the guy was in no shape to be playing when he couldn't even walk without badly limping and with his knee constantly buckling.

Just dumb all around. And then they're running naked bootlegs up 14-0 when he's obviously hurt? Crazy.

Redskins Brace For Bad News On RG III

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iffin/related/

Excerpt: "The last time Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III injured his knee, the team whisked him to an MRI tube and announced promptly that he had no structural damage in his knee.

This time around, there’s a much different vibe.
    Via Jim Corbett of USA Today, Griffin sounds far less confident than he did four weeks ago regarding the question of whether he suffered an injury to the ACL in his right knee.

“Honestly, it’s up in the air right now.” Griffin said. “I know coming off the field I thought it was just the same thing [a sprained LCL]. But right now, we’ll see what it is.

“No matter what it is, our season’s over right now, and I’ve just got to make sure that I get back healthy no matter what the injury is.”
    Right, but a mild sprain to the LCL can heal on its own, with rest. An ACL tear requires reconstructive surgery.

For Griffin, it would be the second torn ACL in his right knee of his career." Read more...

# 80

Took McNabb about a year and a half to fully recover from his ACL tear in early 2006.

Hmm, not good. It did not look good when his knee buckled. It looked like it snapped.

Veteran
    Skins supposed insiders have claimed ACl and PCL on twitter.

See post 212......

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthre...s-RGIII/page15

Wow, both ACL and PCL?
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread