+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I know He is on a rival team, but dont you think name calling and laughing at an injury is going a little too far?
    I don't know, "RG KNEE" is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    That is funny! It was fairly obvious during the season with the amount of hits Griffin was taking playing in Shanahans O scheme that he had a high likelyhood of having a shortened career due to injury.

It was not worth playing Griffin even if they won, and most especially now that they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    also tore his mcl from what i've read. washington completely ****ed up an un****able situation lmao. with when he injured it, he'll have zero offseason. so 2 offseasons that could have been crucial in him learning to read defenses have gone wasted lmao. then u figure, he wont be near as mobile when he does get back for at least a yr with the injuries he suffered and the knowledge we have on microfracture surgeries. yes AP is an exception, ask gmen0820 the rule, he'll tell ya.

rgknee is now a toss up if he'll ever be the player many thought just a month ago. i cant believe they played him when dr james andrews, best in the biz, was saying he was having nightmares about rgknee playing and hurting himself in ways that cant be repaired...and thats what happened. that knee will NEVER be the same, the rehab process will take forever, then hes gonna have to relearn how to throw...wow...is it wrong for me to be somewhat happy?
    ACL recoveries and surgeries are becoming better. This isn't like the 80's with Joe Morris. Welker came back to play WR full time after tearing his ACL, Frank Gore has had 2 ACL injuries in his career, there are a whole list of players that have had successful recoveries and most of them rely on their legs even more than the athletic RG3. He won't have to learn how to throw the ball again. You sound like you make this up as you go along. If the guy works as hard as he says he does than film study and rehab are not mutually exclusive.

Giants fans we're better than hoping other players get hurt. We beat you at your best. Then again class is not a prerequisite for being a Giants fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Took AP a lot less.
    True, and I think the trend on rehabilitation time is really going down, which is good -- we're making strides medically.

AP is also a freak of nature though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I was actually thinking about this the other day. When RG3 was going to school, Harbaugh tried recruiting him to Stanford to be a dual threat QB with Luck (IMAGINE THAT!). Griffin turned it down because he wanted to be the man somewhere. He needs to be the #1 guy. He loves the attention. He loves being that #1 go to guy and putting it all on his shoulders. So when the Skins drafted Cousins, Im sure it rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe he does not want to let Cousins play because he doesnt want people to think Kirk can play well there too and it would be an option to have the 2 QBs battling it out. Maybe thats why he insisted to play the game even on one leg. Disregarding doctors thoughts about it.

He said in an interview after the game "I'm the guy. I'm the best option this team has so I want to be out there." Sounds to me like he wants no part of Cousins being a starter or even a spot starter to take snaps frm him.
    So you're saying he didn't want to be the college version of Tim Tebow on the Jets, and have a better shot at being a high draft pick in the NFL, when he had the potential to be a great college start? you're right, what an attention seeker...

He probably wanted to play, the same reason, Rivers played with his injury in the playoffs, or any other QB, a chance at the superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    ACL recoveries and surgeries are becoming better. This isn't like the 80's with Joe Morris. Welker came back to play WR full time after tearing his ACL, Frank Gore has had 2 ACL injuries in his career, there are a whole list of players that have had successful recoveries and most of them rely on their legs even more than the athletic RG3. He won't have to learn how to throw the ball again. You sound like you make this up as you go along. If the guy works as hard as he says he does than film study and rehab are not mutually exclusive.

Giants fans we're better than hoping other players get hurt. We beat you at your best. Then again class is not a prerequisite for being a Giants fan.
    he tore the same knee up in 09. thats like less than 3 yrs ago. his knee just got mangled. and its the knee he has to plant off of. he very well could be the player people expected a month ago. i doubt it. its gonna be a while before he can run like he was used to.

i feel that its not his skill set thats screwing him, but washingtons handling of him. this spread option offense delayed rgknee having to actually read complex defenses. it was an awesome offense, but look at the end product. hes gonna have to be able to be like pocket qbs. just being accurate or having a strong arm dont mean **** if u dont know where the coverages are and arent. now, bc of the timing of his injury, this next offseason will be moot as well in terms of reading defenses.
    reading defenses isnt something everyone can do. i personally feel that was shannahans issue with rgknee predraft. he had no idea of telling if he could become that guy. the fact we saw a spread option offense makes me feel even stronger about that. rgknee still had that arm and more mobility than most qbs vs seattle. did u see how god awful he looked trying to be a pocket passer? its like he refused to even create a pocket, he looked like vick does getting so far behind the LOS...he was incompetent w/o the legs as a threat. that may very well now be how he has to play qb...

washingtons prob gonna start the offseason with cousins taking all the 1rst team reps. depending on rgknee, he could feasibly play and do well...then what with rgknee? this whole issue is so ****ed up and its bc of washington. thats what makes it great.

i feel for the kid. tremendous talent. can run and throw with the best of em. unfortunately, that doesnt mean **** **** in terms of ability breaking down defensive coverages, like complex ones thrown at eli and etc...nothing rgknees done shows me he can do that at all
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 01-07-2013 at 11:27 PM.

also tore his mcl from what i've read. washington completely ****ed up an un****able situation lmao. with when he injured it, he'll have zero offseason. so 2 offseasons that could have been crucial in him learning to read defenses have gone wasted lmao. then u figure, he wont be near as mobile when he does get back for at least a yr with the injuries he suffered and the knowledge we have on microfracture surgeries. yes AP is an exception, ask gmen0820 the rule, he'll tell ya.

rgknee is now a toss up if he'll ever be the player many thought just a month ago. i cant believe they played him when dr james andrews, best in the biz, was saying he was having nightmares about rgknee playing and hurting himself in ways that cant be repaired...and thats what happened. that knee will NEVER be the same, the rehab process will take forever, then hes gonna have to relearn how to throw...wow...is it wrong for me to be somewhat happy?
    No. You've never had any class so why start now?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    and pls, its more of an afront on washington than rgknee. the kids got all time talent. u can bet ur buck for a little while im gonna enjoy washingtons epic failure. just sucks rgknee had to be the one who was the butt of it.

he tore the same knee up in 09. thats like less than 3 yrs ago. his knee just got mangled. and its the knee he has to plant off of. he very well could be the player people expected a month ago. i doubt it. its gonna be a while before he can run like he was used to.

i feel that its not his skill set thats screwing him, but washingtons handling of him. this spread option offense delayed rgknee having to actually read complex defenses. it was an awesome offense, but look at the end product. hes gonna have to be able to be like pocket qbs. just being accurate or having a strong arm dont mean **** if u dont know where the coverages are and arent. now, bc of the timing of his injury, this next offseason will be moot as well in terms of reading defenses.
    reading defenses isnt something everyone can do. i personally feel that was shannahans issue with rgknee predraft. he had no idea of telling if he could become that guy. the fact we saw a spread option offense makes me feel even stronger about that. rgknee still had that arm and more mobility than most qbs vs seattle. did u see how god awful he looked trying to be a pocket passer? its like he refused to even create a pocket, he looked like vick does getting so far behind the LOS...he was incompetent w/o the legs as a threat. that may very well now be how he has to play qb...

washingtons prob gonna start the offseason with cousins taking all the 1rst team reps. depending on rgknee, he could feasibly play and do well...then what with rgknee? this whole issue is so ****ed up and its bc of washington. thats what makes it great.

i feel for the kid. tremendous talent. can run and throw with the best of em. unfortunately, that doesnt mean **** **** in terms of ability breaking down defensive coverages, like complex ones thrown at eli and etc...nothing rgknees done shows me he can do that at all
    Let's say he loses some speed. He runs a 4.35 now, so he drops to a 4.5 which is a tremendous drop. Nicks and Cruz run around 4.5. He still would present the same basic threat to run at QB. He doesn't need to be great at reading defense he just needs to be good. He will still retain his ability to extend the play and give his receivers a chance to get open much like Big Ben does. From what I've seen he's more accurate than all of the rookie Qbs. As for reading defense we don't know yet, but he hasn't shown anybody he can't read defense with his 104 regular season QB rating. It seems like your hoping for something bad, but there is no proof of it.

I personally am not a Shanahan fan. Give me TD, Elway, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and that Denver O-line and I'll look great too. Just b/c you have great players doesn't mean you're not a great coach, but Elway, perhaps the most important piece of that puzzle, was great long before Shanahan came to town.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 01-07-2013 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread