+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

I read the reports coming out but they're haven't given any official timeline....either way, that's messed up

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The tv station which originally reported it has since deleted the story
    Yea 14-18 months is a looong time.

there is more than one outlet reporting it,,could be true or could not be true,,I'm guessing what ever it is it isn't good.

I think the story's legit. This is comming out of multiple sources and RGIII is going to have a second opionion (Never good). The messed up thing was that I mentioned the possiblity of RGIII getting injured in this game last week and that the Redskins would ruin him. I wholeheartedly believed what I was saying but I thought the Skins would use him up in 3-4 years. That disfuntional organization might have just ruined their best QB prospect in decades within ONE year.

For those who don't know, this is the same knee he injured in college.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    these boards are full of that guy,,,if you dont like the thread skip it and don't post,,plain and simple.
    appreciate the ultimatum.

I was actually thinking about this the other day. When RG3 was going to school, Harbaugh tried recruiting him to Stanford to be a dual threat QB with Luck (IMAGINE THAT!). Griffin turned it down because he wanted to be the man somewhere. He needs to be the #1 guy. He loves the attention. He loves being that #1 go to guy and putting it all on his shoulders. So when the Skins drafted Cousins, Im sure it rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe he does not want to let Cousins play because he doesnt want people to think Kirk can play well there too and it would be an option to have the 2 QBs battling it out. Maybe thats why he insisted to play the game even on one leg. Disregarding doctors thoughts about it.

He said in an interview after the game "I'm the guy. I'm the best option this team has so I want to be out there." Sounds to me like he wants no part of Cousins being a starter or even a spot starter to take snaps frm him.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I think the story's legit. This is comming out of multiple sources and RGIII is going to have a second opionion (Never good).
    There'd be one source and every media organisation is echoing it. Still, I don't think knees can give way like that unless there's structural damage. It reminded me of the Cutler NFC title game injury a few years back (torn MCL, I believe?).

The Redskins' silence over the matter says all you need to know, really.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Sounds to me like he wants no part of Cousins being a starter or even a spot starter to take snaps frm him.
    I don't think any quarterback wants to lose snaps to a backup. I'm not sure how a trait like that can be turned into a negative.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Robert Griffin III partially tore ACL, LCL, test reveals

I just got this off of NFL.com

An MRI on the Washington Redskins' rookie quarterback revealed he has partial tears to the anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his right knee, team sources told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington on Monday. However, it is not known if the damage seen in the results is old or new, the sources said.

Mark Maske and Mike Jones of The Washington Post first reported the MRI results.
    Griffin left Sunday's 24-14 NFC wild-card loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the fourth quarter because of the knee injury.
    Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said at his Monday news conference that Griffin's MRI was "open to interpretation" so the team is sending him to Dr. James Andrews in Florida. Redskins owner Dan Snyder reportedly will accompany Griffin to Florida, which is not a great sign. The Washington Post report supported the notion that more interpretation is necessary, but things clearly aren't looking good.

"One person with knowledge of the situation said Griffin might have to undergo exploratory surgery to determine the extent of the damage and whether the injuries are new," the report stated. "Another said Griffin hopes to avoid full-blown reconstructive surgery if the tears are partial, even if they are new injuries."
    Griffin's test results remain open for interpretation, and Andrews should provide a final answer Tuesday. It's too early to jump to conclusions, but Monday's news on balance looks

also tore his mcl from what i've read. washington completely ****ed up an un****able situation lmao. with when he injured it, he'll have zero offseason. so 2 offseasons that could have been crucial in him learning to read defenses have gone wasted lmao. then u figure, he wont be near as mobile when he does get back for at least a yr with the injuries he suffered and the knowledge we have on microfracture surgeries. yes AP is an exception, ask gmen0820 the rule, he'll tell ya.

rgknee is now a toss up if he'll ever be the player many thought just a month ago. i cant believe they played him when dr james andrews, best in the biz, was saying he was having nightmares about rgknee playing and hurting himself in ways that cant be repaired...and thats what happened. that knee will NEVER be the same, the rehab process will take forever, then hes gonna have to relearn how to throw...wow...is it wrong for me to be somewhat happy?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    also tore his mcl from what i've read. washington completely ****ed up an un****able situation lmao. with when he injured it, he'll have zero offseason. so 2 offseasons that could have been crucial in him learning to read defenses have gone wasted lmao. then u figure, he wont be near as mobile when he does get back for at least a yr with the injuries he suffered and the knowledge we have on microfracture surgeries. yes AP is an exception, ask gmen0820 the rule, he'll tell ya.

rgknee is now a toss up if he'll ever be the player many thought just a month ago. i cant believe they played him when dr james andrews, best in the biz, was saying he was having nightmares about rgknee playing and hurting himself in ways that cant be repaired...and thats what happened. that knee will NEVER be the same, the rehab process will take forever, then hes gonna have to relearn how to throw...wow...is it wrong for me to be somewhat happy?
    No....you shouldn't be happy.

But Dan Synder - the guy who called the Giants mother ****ers - isn't happy today,. and I'm happy about that.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread