+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 181

Thread: RGIII out 6-8 months with complete ACL, LCL tears.

  1. #151
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    If it's a partial torn ACL, LCL, it's pretty bad. Isn't this the 100% factual diagnostic?
    Didn't Philip Rivers have a partially torn ACL in 2007/2008 and plays with it in the AFC championship?
    Then he came back fine the next season.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  2. #152
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Didn't Philip Rivers have a partially torn ACL in 2007/2008 and plays with it in the AFC championship?Then he came back fine the next season.
    Not everyone is built the same way. Also Phillip Rivers is not a mobile guy.

    MUCH better.

  3. #153
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Not everyone is built the same way. Also Phillip Rivers is not a mobile guy.
    Yes I know this.
    But there's a lot of speculation here about the kid's condition and prognosis that isn't really based on anything anyone knows.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #154
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yes I know this.But there's a lot of speculation here about the kid's condition and prognosis that isn't really based on anything anyone knows.
    Well what we do know so far is that he has a partial torn ACL/LCL possibly to the same knee he injured at Baylor. That alone is not good.

    MUCH better.

  5. #155
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well what we do know so far is that he has a partial torn ACL/LCL possibly to the same knee he injured at Baylor. That alone is not good.
    Yesterday, 2 sources reported that he had complete tears in both the ACL and PCL and would be out 14 to 18 months.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #156
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    30,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yesterday, 2 sources reported that he had complete tears in both the ACL and PCL and would be out 14 to 18 months.
    I'm not sure if those are valid, since they were taken down.

    MUCH better.

  7. #157
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Yesterday, 2 sources reported that he had complete tears in both the ACL and PCL and would be out 14 to 18 months.
    So? 14 to 18 months is a butt load of time and those injuries can change your mentality of the game. RGIII is young... He'll have to come back with the mentality that he has to play no matter what. If he comes back and starts worrying about taking hits because he thinks he'll ruin his life with another injury, then he's screwed.

    It's perspective, but it does happen to people. Especially since he's a mobile QB too...

  8. #158
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I'm not sure if those are valid, since they were taken down.
    How long did it take AP to recover from a completely torn ACL and MCL?
    And what effect has that had on his game or his approach to the game?
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #159
    All-Pro Morehead State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Westfield, MA
    Posts
    42,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    So? 14 to 18 months is a butt load of time and those injuries can change your mentality of the game. RGIII is young... He'll have to come back with the mentality that he has to play no matter what. If he comes back and starts worrying about taking hits because he thinks he'll ruin his life with another injury, then he's screwed.

    It's perspective, but it does happen to people. Especially since he's a mobile QB too...
    You're not understanding me. That report was false.
    Point being..no one really knows yet what the extent of the injury is.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #160
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You're not understanding me. That report was false.
    Point being..no one really knows yet what the extent of the injury is.
    We shall see. I thought by speculation, you meant what will happen to how he reacts to the game. It sure is speculation, but not like it can be false speculation.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts