+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big Blue View 2013 NFL Draft Big Board: First Look At Top Draft Picks

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/1/8/...ard-first-look

Excerpt: "Now that the season in the NFC East is over we can fully turn out attention to the off-season. The New York Giants have a lot of work to do and with the team hosting the Super Bowl next year I'm wondering if they will have a slightly more focused short term mindset during free agency this year, but Jerry Reese has been very good at maintaining a long term outlook. Obviously free agency comes before the draft and that will give us an indication of what positions the Giants need to attack in the draft, but anyone who knows my background (I was formerly editor at nflmocks.com) -- knows my love lies with the draft, so I'll be providing much of the draft coverage this year at Big Blue View.

Over the course of the next four months I'll be providing Big Blue View with an NFL draft big board, as well as many prospect profiles. My big board is made up of my opinions alone and is not weighted by position. Though in a twist because I'm writing for a New York Giants site, I will not include any quarterbacks on my board that I believe will be drafted in the first two rounds because I can see no situation in which the Giants draft a quarterback in the first two rounds.

I'll start with a basic top 50 and adjust it each month to make it more comprehensive and complete by the time the draft rolls around.
    A few disclaimers, even though I don't think it will be a big issue in this particular community as nothing stirs up heated debate (and name calling) more than draft coverage:

-- I have left off some players that have said they are going back to school (Kyle Van Noy, C.J. Mosley, Louis Nix III- is Vince Wilfork good coming out of college, etc.).

-- These are my opinions. I'm not concerned that no one else has Ansah or Xavier Rhodes in the top 16 right now. I do, that's why it's my big board, everyone is free to have their own. I'm also not projecting where people will be drafted, just where I personally value them.If you don't like my views or just want to see other big boards you can check out Mocking The Draft or National Football Post among countless others. National Football Post draft coverage, by the way, has been taken over by Russ Lande, formerly of Sporting News. I have not been able to find out what happened to Wes Bunting.

-- If I have not seen a player personally play, he is not in the top 50 right now. For example, South Eastern Louisiana cornerback Robert Alford has a great reputation in the scouting community and he could very well end up being selected with a top 50 pick, but I haven't seen him play, so I'll just pass that name on to you and be sure to see what he can do in the pre-draft process.

-- This process is fluid. If you see something at the combine or in the All-Star games you didn't see before during the season you go back and look at the players' games again and see if you missed something the first time. Don't adjust your board just because of the combine, adjust it because the combine made you go back and take another look at a player.

-- I really like this linebacker class and even though I'm not one of those guys who beats drums for linebackers. I would love to see if one falls into the Giants' lap in the first or second round.

*underclassman" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I've seen other mock boards have Chance Warmack close to that high on there big boards as well.. Hes getting "mike iupati" type attention going into draft season..

Hes certainly not feeling Eric Reid or David Amerson, as there rated way at the back end of his top 100..

I like the fact hes so high on Khaseem Greene.. Hes one of my faves in this draft, and i really hope we get em in RD 2..

He made a good point that Te'o's draft stock would fall as a result of that game, to the point that we could grab him. I'm a big Blackburn homer, but if by some miracle Te'o falls to #19, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He made a good point that Te'o's draft stock would fall as a result of that game, to the point that we could grab him. I'm a big Blackburn homer, but if by some miracle Te'o falls to #19, I'd take him in a heartbeat...
    After watching him vs NFL caliber players, Im not sure I want him anymore. Bama abused that dude. He missed tackles, was out of coverage, was looking like an average MLB in college. I actually like Alec Ogletree more. He looked better against the SEC's best. Much better. Plus, with his sideline to sideline speed, he could help with those running QBs.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

Did Ogletree go up against Bama this year, and if so, is there footage on it? I'd like to see that...

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    My prediction is that he falls to us at 19 and we pass.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    My prediction is that he falls to us at 19 and we pass.
    I still like him, I think he would be an upgrade to what we currently have

http://snygiants.com/new-york-giants...-giants-at-19/

We have a history of doing absolutely nothing productive in Free Agency.

Good read.. Thanks

He has us taking a WR in the second?

*scratches head*